Saw this article come up in one of my feeds. Thought I'd share :)
Originally Posted by Mobile Tech World
Ill give some more info about what you can expect in build 1600.2487.8107.12070 / PR1.2 :
- The Fast battery drain issue has been fixed
- The lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been fixed. Theres a whole lot of bass now..
- The auto-white balance issue with the camera has also been fixed
- The hardware buttons backlights are now always one at all screen brightness levels
- Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device
- More stuff that I wont talk about
I have a Lumia 800 running on AT&T. I just got an update this morning.
Current firmware version is 1600.2483.8106.11500
Looks like that is not the latest one Nokia is rolling out though. Am I at AT&T's mercy as to when I get firmware updates or Nokia's?
Nokia's, but the great thing about the 800 is that it's easy to flash updates meant for 800s in other parts of the world. Many of us are flashing the 12070 update that was released for the Vodafone New Zealand 800. Other than a quick Vodafone logo at boot and a pinned shortcut to their homepage (which you can obviously remove), there's no difference from the unbranded software and thus no real reason not to go for it if you want the latest and greatest.
My discharge rate was over 200+ Which equated to a 12 hour day. How I used the phone really had little bearing as the discharge issue was occuring effectively whilst the phone was idle. I do not know what the rate was when the phone was in standby but I am willing to bet it was high.
Anyway the firmware update from Singapore has been out a couple of days now so I visited the XDA forum and thanks to a tutorial and the collection of the right tools created by Heathcliff it was onwards and upwards.
Process is pretty straightforward and was easy especially as I was only performing a firmware flash. A couple of tools and 1 cab file and I was away.
Anyway all flashed now and running Firmware 12070. Uninstalled the old diag tool installed the new one. Both had the same result anyway, new one removes some details and the graph.
Previously 200+ consistently now hovers around the 100 mark. Tomorrow will be my first big test to see if I make it through a day and night without looking for a plug socket for my evening Fruit Ninja session.