Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Saw this article come up in one of my feeds. Thought I'd share :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Tech World
    Iíll give some more info about what you can expect in build 1600.2487.8107.12070 / PR1.2 :

- The Fast battery drain issue has been fixed
    - The lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been fixed. Thereís a whole lot of bass now..
    - The auto-white balance issue with the camera has also been fixed
    - The hardware buttons backlights are now always one at all screen brightness levels
    - Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device
    - More stuff that I wonít talk about
    Last edited by gedzum; 03-08-2012 at 05:03 AM.
    Thanked by:
    pwaikon likes this.

This sounds really promising :D

Can't wait to get this on my Lumia

Thanks for sharing! :happy:

​​R.I.P Nokia Mobile Phones 03.09.2013 :'(

Thanks for sharing! At least they fixed three issue's which where really annoying. I'm just hoping that this update will bring the 'turn off screen time out' back.
  4.    #4  
    Indeed these fixes sound great. Improved battery, camera and now bass; looking forward to it. Curious to know what the "more stuff" will be :P

Also noticed the article is featured on WPCentral too.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    When this hits Sweden i Will buy My cyan lumia 800.. Listens to music on My phone everyday so it's important...

Hopefully by then it Will be cheaper to (many countries has cutted the price for 800 because 900 comes soon).
    Audio update is out (unofficially but still) so just now wondering if Telia wants to join the carrier race or if i should change to 3 or tele2..
    Developer

PIN
    Email
    I'm looking forward to this update, but I still never got the 1600.2483.8106.11500 update. I have an unbranded Lumia 800. Has anyone else not recieved that one yet?

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    you can download it direct from the nokia lumia site if its an unbranded phone

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    I flashed this new firmware earlier today. Indeed the music sounds like it should now in my headphones.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
    I flashed this new firmware earlier today. Indeed the music sounds like it should now in my headphones.
    Thanks for the update. Have you had a chance to try out the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter281 View Post
    you can download it direct from the nokia lumia site if its an unbranded phone
    how? I'm not finding a download link at nokia...
    Quote Originally Posted by edoug View Post
    how? I'm not finding a download link at nokia...
    Would also like to know, I can't find a link either.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    You need NaviFirm Ex v1.6.1 and Nokia Care Suite 5.0. It's a bit complicated, but I just installed this firmware update on my 800. Music sounds a lot better for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg465x View Post
    You need NaviFirm Ex v1.6.1 and Nokia Care Suite 5.0. It's a bit complicated, but I just installed this firmware update on my 800. Music sounds a lot better for sure.
    For anyone else, here's the guide to do it this way:

Nokia Lumia 800 and its upcoming 11501 firmware [Manual Upgrade Tutorial]

I've not done it myself and probably wont bother to be honest, I'd rather have it through official channels than risk something untoward happening.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I received the 1600.2487.8107.12070 update via Zune today. No new camera modes, but sound quality is indeed better. Haven't tested the battery life yet though.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i hope they really fix battery this time... any news here from the guys already have it... Singapore is first...

Looks good, my battery has been a bit funky lately. Hopefully this update really does fix it and make it consistent!

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    when you say sound quality has been improved... are you referring to the earpiece or only from the headphone jack?

I have a Lumia 800 running on AT&T. I just got an update this morning.
    Current firmware version is 1600.2483.8106.11500

Looks like that is not the latest one Nokia is rolling out though. Am I at AT&T's mercy as to when I get firmware updates or Nokia's?
    Last edited by Bomb Voyage; 03-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb Voyage View Post
    I have a Lumia 800 running on AT&T. I just got an update this morning.
    Current firmware version is 1600.2483.8106.11500

Looks like that is not the latest one Nokia is rolling out though. Am I at AT&T's mercy as to when I get firmware updates or Nokia's?
    Nokia's, but the great thing about the 800 is that it's easy to flash updates meant for 800s in other parts of the world. Many of us are flashing the 12070 update that was released for the Vodafone New Zealand 800. Other than a quick Vodafone logo at boot and a pinned shortcut to their homepage (which you can obviously remove), there's no difference from the unbranded software and thus no real reason not to go for it if you want the latest and greatest.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Any word on a U.K. release date for the new firmware?

I know not of a confirmed date.. :(

I know I tried every half hour last night .. haha

My discharge rate is over ~140, so ~70 would be scweeeeet :)
    Like your House Music from Oldskool 80's to Cutting Edge?

https://www.facebook.com/djnicksheldon/

My discharge rate was over 200+ Which equated to a 12 hour day. How I used the phone really had little bearing as the discharge issue was occuring effectively whilst the phone was idle. I do not know what the rate was when the phone was in standby but I am willing to bet it was high.

Anyway the firmware update from Singapore has been out a couple of days now so I visited the XDA forum and thanks to a tutorial and the collection of the right tools created by Heathcliff it was onwards and upwards.

Process is pretty straightforward and was easy especially as I was only performing a firmware flash. A couple of tools and 1 cab file and I was away.

[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8107 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

Anyway all flashed now and running Firmware 12070. Uninstalled the old diag tool installed the new one. Both had the same result anyway, new one removes some details and the graph.

Previously 200+ consistently now hovers around the 100 mark. Tomorrow will be my first big test to see if I make it through a day and night without looking for a plug socket for my evening Fruit Ninja session.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I did the CAB Sender install as well, nice and easy, hopefully the improvement will be noticeable over a couple of days.
  24. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    What files do I need for the cab install? I thought that I needed the firmware plus a language pack but from the sound of it you guys are simply pushing the firmware update?

If you are doing the firmware then you only need the firmware CAB file and the two tools that are linked in my post above.

The language packs apply only if you are going for the 8107 update as that is an OS upgrade.
    Thanked by:
    cgk 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast