Soon to be a Lumia 800 owner - advice needed

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I will become soon ( tomorrow ) the owner of a new Lumia 800 phone.
I would like some advices from you , what should i expect , bugs , battery etc.
I have seen alot of complains but only about the OS itself ( which i love )

Thank you .!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase :) The OS is great and functional IMO. Not too many bugs that I've encountered. The screen will rarely freeze up on the people hub (half the screen from the left and right when side scrolling). The disappearing keyboard seems to have been fixed. I haven't seen it since the last update. Battery is ok. You can expect a full day and a bit from it. The upcoming update will hopefully improve it further. Camera is hit and miss, but again hopefully a fix is coming soon. Other than that I can't think of too many glaring problems. I love this device :D

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase :) The OS is great and functional IMO. Not too many bugs that I've encountered. The screen will rarely freeze up on the people hub (half the screen from the left and right when side scrolling). The disappearing keyboard seems to have been fixed. I haven't seen it since the last update. Battery is ok. You can expect a full day and a bit from it. The upcoming update will hopefully improve it further. Camera is hit and miss, but again hopefully a fix is coming soon. Other than that I can't think of too many glaring problems. I love this device :D
WAW ok, thank you , i can wait to get my hands on it , the DEV unlock it so i can finaly create and realy test WP7 Apps

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're buying it new it should come with the last update installed already which fixed some issues and added a few others, another patch is forthcoming which should solve these issues.

As with all new phones, for the first few days the battery life will be a bit hit and miss, but give it a day or two of normal use and charges and it'll even out. Other than that I've not had any bugs or problems with mine. Be sure to take care with the little door that hides the usb/charging port as apparently it can be bent or broken (although it can be replaced), again I have no experience with this though.

I'm sure if you have any other questions once you get it there will be plenty of people to answer your questions :)

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
If you're buying it new it should come with the last update installed already which fixed some issues and added a few others, another patch is forthcoming which should solve these issues.

As with all new phones, for the first few days the battery life will be a bit hit and miss, but give it a day or two of normal use and charges and it'll even out. Other than that I've not had any bugs or problems with mine. Be sure to take care with the little door that hides the usb/charging port as apparently it can be bent or broken (although it can be replaced), again I have no experience with this though.

I'm sure if you have any other questions once you get it there will be plenty of people to answer your questions :)
Thank you very much for this precious information !
Sure i am buying it new :)

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Biggest issue for me with the 800 is battery life. The best way to squeeze more out of your day is to turn off data or stay near a wall socket. The good news is that the 3rd firmware update is on the streets and Nokia bypass the carrier so it should be with you soon and this much like the other 2 updates fixes the battery issues. Fingers crossed this one actual does it and then that is its biggest failing put to bed.

I have had it lock up on receiving calls did this 3 or 4 times but has not done it now for over a month. The screen jitters and stalls occasionally in Fruit Ninja (The only game I play) and I get an memory error but that might just mean I need to remove and install again. It also becomes jittery when you scroll the screen with the power plugged in. These are minor and I have no idea about the locking issue did freak me out as struggled to turn the phone off and not having the pull the battery out the back option gave me a bit of a moment.

What is good about the Nokia 800 though is the looks... it really is a looker and people mention it when they see it. The other is the screen it is superb in bright conditions and very clear it might not be a retina display but being able to see the phone on a bright sunny day is a better feature than x number of pixels on a screen.

Welcome to the Lumia 800 :)

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestions.
I will need to search how to "restart" the phone in case it lock's up. Indeed when there is not battery to remove it can be freaky :D.
Today my Lumia 800 will arrive , can wait for it :)

JK0d3r

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I did not wanted to start a new thread, but i am now the proud owner of a new Lumia 800 and i am totally blown away by It.
It is absolutely gorgeous, screen built quality everything.
So far i cannot tell to much about the battery life, but i did spotted a strange thing last evening.
Battery was around 33%, and after about 30 minutes in standby it showed 43% and indeed lasted long...
Anyway i am happy with it !!
Thank you all for the good advices !

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you're happy with your new device :D Post back if you have any questions or more feedback you would like to share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism