Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I am curious if anyone has used the Lumia 800 on ATT GoPhone plans? Since it is unlocked I am wondering if ATT will recognize it as a smart phone and require the additional data package purchase. I have heard stories of people with European HP Pre 3's being able to access data on the $50.00 unlimited everything plan because ATT did not recognize the device. Wondering if this was at all possible.
    Developer

I'm using an unlocked Lumia 800 on AT&T with the GoPhone plan. When I went to the AT&T store for a sim card, they "helped" me to get the right plans. So, I have the 100MB data plan too -- costs about $40/month for 250 minutes and 100MB. Works for me OK since most everything is on WiFi.
    stevenmcbeaven and MAERSK like this.

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paradiseware.com View Post
    I'm using an unlocked Lumia 800 on AT&T with the GoPhone plan. When I went to the AT&T store for a sim card, they "helped" me to get the right plans. So, I have the 100MB data plan too -- costs about $40/month for 250 minutes and 100MB. Works for me OK since most everything is on WiFi.
    just curious, where did u purchas your unlocked L800? i actuallywant the white one for mytmobile. But I'm not sure if theyll give me microsim for it. I have dvp.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I don't think they actually make a locked lumia 800 anywhere. Just make sure to find the one with the appropriate WCDMA bands. The R819 has the 850/1900/2100 while the others have 900/1900/2100. The other version will work on ATT but it can't utilize the 850 3g band in your area so you might drop to edge sometimes.

Edit: forgot about the canadian models, they are locked but its only about 9 bucks to get an unlock code :)

I have been on a gophone plan for about a week, and I was considering getting the L800 and putting my SIM in (after cutting). I have read that gophone sim cards are locked, does anyone know about this?

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    works great even on the dumbphone plan. The Sims don't seem to work unless you order a new one specifically for it though... I think it might lock to your IMEI.

where you able to use their 4g network? or 3g network? because i have an samsung focus 2 and im on the gophone plan as well and the att store clearly told me that the 4g is not available for windows phones on a gophone sim...

I have a unlocked 920 and a unlocked 800 and LTE (4g) is NOT available on the GoPhone plan.

I'm from Australia visiting family in the USA. My unlocked Lumia 800 (R819) workd fine on a GoPhone plan. I get the "H" symbol showing up in most places, which is fast enough for me. There's no WiFi where I'm staying, so paid $25 for an add-on 1GB data package.