03-30-2012, 12:53 AM #1
- 1 Posts
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I have accumulated a number of problems with my Lumia 800 and finally decided I could not take it anymore and look for help. 25 year old Singapore Chinese Male here.
1. Generally, how do I open up the files that are loaded into the phone, esp those in the so called hard disk or memory card or whatever? From what I understand I have never inserted a memory card into the phone, nor have I opened any folder on computer.
2. Ringtones, this is terrible. How do I make my own ring tones? I have tried using Zune but when I rename the category as ringtone as I was told, the song simply disappears into hiding in my phone for some mysterious reason. What went wrong?
3. I am greatly in need of the type of stunt that involves converting my phone into a router. How do I go about doing that? This would make travelling long distances a whole lot more bearable than before.
03-30-2012, 11:55 PM #2
- 132 Posts
1. There isn't a direct file manager. However, usually the app that pertains to the filetype can access it. For example, the Office app will usually give you access to any Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc files. The Adobe Reader app would have the pdf files, etc.
2. Make sure that the song is indeed marked as a ringtone in Zune and that it is synced. Then go to Settings>Ringtones+Sounds>Ringtone and you should be able to select it there.
3. A personal hotspot update is planned for the Lumia 800 and will be released in the future.