Lumia 800 auto timezone selection

LG40000

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In my Lumia 800 I go to setting, date and time to try and select the auto timezone checkbox that several online forums discuss. However there is no such checkbox in the interface. I compared with a friend who has a Samsung and his screen is different to mine and has the checkbox. I didn't realise that core WP7 application functionality was different from phone to phone?

Anyone know if this is a bug or just an undocumented product feature?

LG40000

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure they're not talking about the 'Set Automatically' option? My Lumia 800 looks the same as this (click on step 4), except the 24-hour clock option is on the top.
yes, that's right but my screen in settings - date and time doesn't have that option. I have three fields - the time, the date and a timezone field which lists all the timezones globally and must be set manually.

i'm struggling here, as there doesn't seem to be anything online about this. Who would i go to for a definitive answer here?

alexanderb

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have just noticed this myself after my 800's clock was out of sync. I am on the Optus network in Australia and running 12070.

Optus and Nokia told me to factory reset the phone, which did nothing. Interested to hear if anyone else is seeing this, or if there is a pattern?

LG40000

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 800 Optus Version

I've finally had news from Nokia Care in Australia that a version of the Lumia 800 for the Optus network has this bug where the 'Set Automatically' option is not available. This causes the phone to use it's internal clock which doesn't keep time correctly. There is a fix on the way, but Nokia cannot say when it will be released at this stage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss