Screen issues in call

Wilt

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, small problem with my new Lumia 800.

During outgoing calls, the screen rarely, if ever, turns off due to the proximity sensor - I need to manually do it using the screen lock button.

However, with incoming calls, the screen turns off fine (due to the proximity sensor).

For both incoming and outgoing calls, it is often impossible to get the screen to light again once it is off.

Initially I thought my proximity sensor might be faulty, but the proximity sensor works perfectly in the diagnostics app. So it seems to be a software issue.

Is anybody else seeing this issue? Any solutions? I have the latest 1600.2487.8107.12070 update.

ChrisK91

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to hard reset your phone? Since the diagnostics app. I'd suggest you visit a local Care Point. The might be able to do some advanced checking wether the sensor is faulty or not.

Wilt

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Not tried a hard reset - just got everything the way I like it so trying to avoid that.

Unfortunately the nearest Nokia care point is miles away, so since the diagnostics app seems to show no issues, I'm reluctant to go just so that they can tell me to wait for an update.

EDIT: Did a hard reset, seems to be working better. Hopefully wont regress.

Last edited:

jerzey111

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
any updates on this issue of phone not waking after a call?? you're not getting it anymore?? i noticed it on mine and really dont want to hard reset it but it looks like i will have to

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just return it, had that issue before and demanded for a replacement...now I'm doing this: :D

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

Wilt

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope, doesn't seem to be happening any longer.

As for getting it replaced, this is obviously some sort of software issue so a replacement phone would be a placebo at best...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05