| | 04-18-2012, 10:49 AM #1
Was a Nokia supporter for life till I decided to get in the smartphone craze by borrowing my friend's backup phone to use, a crappy Android (LG Optimus One) and the Lumia 800 is like a breath of fresh air.
- Screen. I really wonder what did Nokia do with their AMOLED, it's so different from Samsung for some weird reason.
- Being a ridiculously heavy user reading blogs and news whenever I can, I find the previous Android battery life really lacking to the point that I got an external battery just to last me through the day, if not it can last me 3 hours max. Well, with as heavy use, at least the Lumia can take 5 hours before it dies. Still, with support from my external battery, that time extends to 9 hours.
- Metro. The whole thing just clicks for me very well. It didn't hurt to have read about Metro before I jumped in but damn, it's so intuitive.
- Apps. Weird since I came from Android, but I really appreciate the smoothness of the apps a lot more. Whatsapp is great in Metro, FB and Twitter is super intuitive, and the only apps I do miss are Path and Line by Naver.
- Lack of lag. I wonder how do they do this. But heck, it's fun showing how lag free the phone is even when considering the apps I already got inside the phone.
- Keyboard. This keyboard is great. None of the keyboards in Android really suited me. This one is insanely good. Rarely do I type wrong.
- Volume. It's a problem of WP7, but seperating the volume controls for music and phone would be nice.
- Chrome strip. Scratched. Irritating about what is otherwise a flawless device.
- Fingerprints. My hands are sweaty by nature, so I need a lint-free cloth by my side or it just looks bad.
- Restarted on me twice after listening to music, using Pulse and Whatsapp. Although that's pretty isolated, so I hope it doesn't happen again
A happy user otherwise. Although that said, can't wait for Apollo. :)