Battery Life Post 12070 Update

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Please share your battery saver stats for those of you who are on the 12070 firmware.
One day I will get 1 day 15 hours on 100% charge, then after minimal use, it drains down to <20% by 5pm!! It happened again today! then the next full charge, I will only get 21 hours max. I have done a hard reset and this problem still exists.

Please help. I really like WP7 and switched from an iPhone. But having developed this habit of checking my battery stats just to see how it performs is an annoyance. Plus having to second guess myself whether or not I should download an app because it may be causing the excessive drainage.

If this problem persists, I will sadly but seriously consider going back to an iPhone.

mattlow93

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Better than me. Mine's now recently started discharging at the brilliant rate of ~600mA. I'm getting 5 hours. No background apps, email every 30mins. It's running warm as well, so I think there must be some bug in the firmware somewhere.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing 600mA usually. The phone only gets warm when I constantly use 3G (for news reading) or crazy Wordament play (that game's addictive).

Real life usage considered, I need a XP2001 external battery from Energizer to last me through a heavy day's usage. At least it's not as bad as the LG Optimus One that only lasted for 6 hours even with the external battery support.

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Insane. Here's my latest #'s from today:

11:36a 58% 18 hours
12:53p 44% 2 hours
1:03p 44% 12 hours
1:27p 42% 11 hours
2:16p 38% 10 hours
3:33p 26% 3 hours

I just don't understand the fluctuation...I did not even use the dang phone other than 2-3 text messages....

WinampLlama

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in the other 12070 thread, but has anyone experienced the volume bug in after the update? (It's when the volume spikes up to 30 temporarily when you get a call or an alarm goes off).

I'm waiting to update because of that, but for what it's worth, mine lasts for about a day and a half with low-moderate usage before the update (I'm on wifi most of the day)

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I get insane battery life out of my phone. I am about 60% or so after 15 hours of use. I don't have any background tasks besides weather app and pushing 3 email accounts. I have found that the brightness set on auto really saves my battery. Best battery out of any smart phone I have ever used.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand the fluctuation...I did not even use the dang phone other than 2-3 text messages....

This is the same issue my girlfriend has with her Lumia.

Completely inconsistent battery life.

Charged it fully on Friday evening, she was then away for the whole of Saturday (and just took her work iPhone) by the time she got back 24 hours later, the phone was completely dead. So no use at all, very few new text messages.

She has had it with her at work, not using it and it has gone from full charge to dead in less than 8 hours!

It is so unreliable that she now takes her work iPhone 4s with her everywhere because it has consistent and better battery life.

She loves the Nokia but hates it for the battery life.

I sometimes get curious battery life inconsistency with my Omnia 7 but nothing like as short and as fluctuating as the Lumia.

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah it's really weird. I thought I had finally figured it out this weekend. on Friday evening to Saturday evening the battery was wonderful. it was showing 1 day 15 hours or so on Friday and I didn't have to charge it at all till Sunday.

So I thought hmm maybe it's because my work has really crappy reception along with crappy wifi, so maybe the battery drains quickly due to those reasons. but then come Sunday late noon-evening after I charged 100%, the phone was again showing maximum 21 hours!!!!

I can't stand it....I tried a soft reset, rebooted the phone, and still 21 hours.
I now bring my charger to work but was so annoyed by this fact that I restored my phone, and reinstalled the update via Zune. as of now it's showing the 1 day 15 hours again, but I would bet my bottom dollar that it'll cap again at 21 hours on its next recharge.....

I've sent 2 emails to Nokia about this and all they told me was the common reasons why batteries may drain faster...despite me stating that this in fact is some sort of bug that needs another update.

ivanhorv

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
When running on 3g the whole time, I get around 10 hours of battery life. The most I ever got was 31 hours using wifi but without push notifications. I'm quite happy with the battery life on Lumia 800.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

AkiraNakayama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I get insane battery life out of my phone. I am about 60% or so after 15 hours of use. I don't have any background tasks besides weather app and pushing 3 email accounts. I have found that the brightness set on auto really saves my battery. Best battery out of any smart phone I have ever used.

Hmm... that might LITERALLY be insane. Hahaha. I am of the same usage profile as you (3 push email accounts, no live tile bg tasks) and by 2pm, my battery is at 25%. It's INSANE how poor my battery life is even after the 12070 update.

And this is on top of my touchscreen always registering rapid taps and causes the browser to zoom in/out randomly when I'm blatantly scrolling. Ugh.

denis81

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery life meter shows the estimated time based on your last actions.

For example, if you play Angry Birgs for 1 hour and then go to the Battery Status menu, probably it would shows the estimated time of continuous playing.

SLO Eclipse

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a lumia 800, firmewere .12070, and I am really confused as the battery life is really driving me crazy. I have the same rutine use every day, same place, same stuff more or less, and the battery life varies, one day it lasts the whole day the next 8 hours...Does anyone else have the same experiance?

pearlynlwy

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi. This is my first time getting a windows phone but it has disappointed me greatly.
At first before the update, the battery life was still alright without me having to turn on battery saver throughout the day,al and still having remaining battery. But now, after the new update, the battery got so bad that it only lasts for a little more than 7 hours a day with battery saver on. The phone was either left untouched or playing music.
Its pretty bad to see Nokia not doing anything after getting all this feedback.

troykm

May 6, 2012
Visit site
i have the lumia 800 and i can say i found one thing that increased batter life dramatically in my experience.

TURN OFF ALL FEEDBACK!!!! settings-feedback and there are a few other places where feedback is being sent e.g. under keyboard settings - typing settings. go through each setting option and disable feedback this makes a big difference as feedback set to on is constantly monitoring you're usage and reporting back all the time. this was a big drainer on my former iPhone too until i turned it off. and the more you use you're phone the more often it sends data!

find my phone is another drainer, untick both boxes (unless you want to use it of course)

phone updates, uncheck use mobile data to check for updates

swipe to applications - internet explorer and disable option 3 - another feedback thing

and lastly, set your Facebook chat status to offline if you're not using it otherwise it maintains a permanent connection and thus drains battery

hope this helps :)

Last edited:

ivanhorv

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Troykm has noted some good points here. Also, disabling any updateable live tiles, e.g. for a weather or twitter apps, greatly improves the battery.
Plus, firmware update from 12070 to 12072 was rolled out recently so I recommend everyone to update to get even better overall performance.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Cocolino

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in the other 12070 thread, but has anyone experienced the volume bug in after the update? (It's when the volume spikes up to 30 temporarily when you get a call or an alarm goes off).

I'm waiting to update because of that, but for what it's worth, mine lasts for about a day and a half with low-moderate usage before the update (I'm on wifi most of the day)
Hi!
Yes, I experience the same as you regarding very poor battery life after the latest upgrade! In fact, my battery doesn't last a day and a half if I use hi-fi connection all day!
Also, the volume thing happened twice to me in the last couple of weeks.
Regards,
Cocolino

Cocolino

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Please share your battery saver stats for those of you who are on the 12070 firmware.
One day I will get 1 day 15 hours on 100% charge, then after minimal use, it drains down to <20% by 5pm!! It happened again today! then the next full charge, I will only get 21 hours max. I have done a hard reset and this problem still exists.

Please help. I really like WP7 and switched from an iPhone. But having developed this habit of checking my battery stats just to see how it performs is an annoyance. Plus having to second guess myself whether or not I should download an app because it may be causing the excessive drainage.

If this problem persists, I will sadly but seriously consider going back to an iPhone.
Yes, after the latest upgrade, mine is even worse.
I have it fully charged in the morning (after leaving it to charge all night) and after 4 hours of light to medium use (for messaging, checking emails and a bit Net surfing), the battery is half discharged!!
Awful!!!! I am sick of this phone! Huge disappointment. Looking to dump it, as I had quite enough of its liabilities and flaws!:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99