This may help you're battery life

troykm

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the 800 and the iPhone 4S before that and both phones had the fast draining battery at first until I found something that seems to drain a lot of battery with out you knowing.

Turn off all FEEDBACK!!!! There are a few places in settings where feedback is enabled by default and if it's on, it's constantly monitoring youre system and sending how you use you're phone data to Microsoft.

The main one is settings - feedback

There is also settings - keyboard- typing settings

Also in Internet explorer sending search data is on, turn off

And anywhere else you can find feedback it's not needed and won't change how the phone works (except give better battery life lol)

Try it I found it doubled my lumia 800 and my iPhone before that.

Miscellaneous Rant

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia battery life based on Statistics, huh

I've owned Lumia 710 for 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks I was a heavy user, of course, being a first time WP owner. In the 3rd week I went extremely heavy discovering a game I really liked. I mean I played like there was no tomorrow.

During the first 2 weeks full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 1 day 3 hours. Good!

After week 3 to my surprise full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 9 hours. What!

So, I started searching the Internet for similar battery life issues and found many. Being a wanna be statistician. Now, what are the variables that can cause a battery life cycle drop so fast.

Too make a long story short.
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

During the 4th week I restricted my use on WP and gradually the stats returned to 1Day 3 hours.

Problem solved!!!
Bet you did not know statistics could be so much fun!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
"Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The smaller the depth of discharge, the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid frequent full discharges and charge more often between uses. If full discharges cannot be avoided, try utilizing a larger battery. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery."

I think I've said this in EVERY battery-related thread I've seen.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've owned Lumia 710 for 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks I was a heavy user, of course, being a first time WP owner. In the 3rd week I went extremely heavy discovering a game I really liked. I mean I played like there was no tomorrow.

During the first 2 weeks full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 1 day 3 hours. Good!

After week 3 to my surprise full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 9 hours. What!

So, I started searching the Internet for similar battery life issues and found many. Being a wanna be statistician. Now, what are the variables that can cause a battery life cycle drop so fast.

Too make a long story short.
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

During the 4th week I restricted my use on WP and gradually the stats returned to 1Day 3 hours.

Problem solved!!!
Bet you did not know statistics could be so much fun!

The WP battery saver learns your usage patterns and gives you an estimate based on that. And based on what I'm seeing, the battery icon at the top of the screen does the same. I turn my HD7 off between breaks at work, and when I turn it back on at lunch-remember, I charged it fully overnight and powered it down within minutes of arriving at work, and I also charged it during the drive-it usually reads about 65% remaining. That's a 35% drop in about 5 hours when the phone has been OFF. If I do a battery pull at this point, when I power it back up it will read between 97-99%. So yeah, I place ZERO stock in my battery meter.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
For the most part, I don't have trouble with battery life and will leave feedback enabled for now, trusting that it will, in fact, help MS make WP better in the future.

troykm

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, my battery experience is about the same as my iPhone 4S now feedback is off so in happy :-D

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been impressed with the battery life of my lumia 900. I am a heavy user. Texts phone calls browsing the web. Looking at my updates in the people hub, the works. And I'm able to go all day without having to charge my phone. I just disabled the feedback listed in the first post and now in looking forward to see if that makes a difference and lasts longer. I'll post back with my findings after a few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs