Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hello all, it's been a week now with my black nokia lumia 800. I'm in love with everything it does. Never had such a smooth UI experience, and the curved glass somehow makes the experience smoother.
    Now getting to the point. I'm unable to locate nokia music app in my phone. . I've got the zune app, which works just fine with my music. But then i'd want the added features of the nokia music app as well. PLEASE HELP!
  2. drg
    Developer

Can you see Nokia Collection in the Marketplace? If you can you should be able to download Nokia Music from there. If not and you can only see applications and games in the marketplace you need to Sync your phone with Zune on a desktop. Then you should see Nokia Collection, applications, games and Music in the marketplace. If you still don't see it after syncing try restarting the phone.

If still no luck you may need to do a hard reset, or try contacting Nokia and see if you can get some help from them.

Nokia music is a country specific app, and isn't available in a lot of countries. When you first opened the marketplace, what country did you choose?

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    From your ID I believe you are from India?
    the app isn't available for us cos the country specified in the settings is India. If you change the country settings to UK and then restart; and then install the app it will work..

As for the app its included in Nokia Collection apps but isn't visible to Indians

Quote Originally Posted by Shehjadi View Post
    From your ID I believe you are from India?
    the app isn't available for us cos the country specified in the settings is India. If you change the country settings to UK and then restart; and then install the app it will work..

As for the app its included in Nokia Collection apps but isn't visible to Indians
    Yes, but he'll have to use a different Live ID at the beginning.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help people. Yes i'm located in India and I chose india as my region when I first set it up...
    So if I restart with UK as my region and a new Live id, wouldn't I lose the apps/contacts currently on my phone? as I believe the windows live account would sync with my phone (and vice-versa) every time i'm online.

Here's the guide to transferring your stuff to a new live id :)
    But remember that the marketplace will be "UK-centric" meaning that the top apps will be the apps that people downloaded in the UK, so you'll have to see if Nokia music is that important to you, or if you prefere to use a more familiar indian store.
    http://www.wpcentral.com/guide-how-g...-app-purchases

Global Posts
    1,667 Global Posts
    I don't see Nokia Music on my Lumia 800, either. Brand new, Black, U.S.

same to me no nokia music my country is the republic of the philippines...

same to me brand new nokia lumia black 800 but there's no nokia music pre installed why? from the republic of the philippines.