New to Lumia and WP, outdated software?

theboo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I've got myself a Lumia 800 since my dumbphone really needed a replacement.
Like it so far, but what tickles me is how to update it...

in the about it says
FW: 1600.2487.8107.12070

and call my crazy, but it seems to me both are outdated... zune states I'm up2date, my phone itself doesnt find any updates either (any way tu push this? I'm just allowing it to search for updates)
Usually I wouldnt mind if I get updates a little later, but I reckon the OS is pretty old, plus that sound bug that came with one update is pretty bad, plus I cant see the battery status, its '?' at all times...

for clarity's sake: I'm supposed to get both, FW and OS updates via zune, right?

Oh, and another thing: how can I stop music replay completely? Find no other way than to just pause it, but that way it will show in the lock screen like forever.

thanks

Last edited:

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
If your battery status is "?" at all times I'm afraid you got a faulty phone. Contact Nokia as you seem to have the battery bug and I think they will replace your phone directly.

theboo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If your battery status is "?" at all times I'm afraid you got a faulty phone. Contact Nokia as you seem to have the battery bug and I think they will replace your phone directly.
Wow, that sounds promising :/

In detail is shows me '?' at the top of the display, in settings -> battery saver it shows me the exact percentage. Diagnosis Tool on the other hand cant figure either status or real-time current. I thought maybe my phone is short of that battery fixing update.

I'd first like to try the update, but if it persists I will do as you said.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
For stopping the music player completely, there is a free app called "Stop the Music!" When you launch it it will give you the option to pin a stop button to the start screen as a live tile. I put it right next to the Music & Videos tile. The stop tile also flips to show you the album art for the last music you stopped. A cool workaround for a somewhat puzzling OS omission. Wpcentral has detailed articles on how to force pretty much any update you need. You have the option of the 8107 update, which is specifically targeted at the disappearing keyboard bug, or the new 8773 update, aka Mango Commercial Refresh aka Tango. This is the latest OS version and will give you 8107 as well. Forcing an update can always pose the risk of bricking your phone. If you chose to let Nokia replace it, the new one should carry all the available OS and firmware updates. That's what I would do.

theboo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy, now I need a app to stop music ^^ thanks though, will try it

Regarding that question mark thing I will try to have the phone replaced.

theboo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI. If you open any video, just for a second, the last song will disappear.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
just made me test the video player ;)
i think its pretty clear then its unintentional, maybe this will be fixed sometime

edit: I updated my device now (cable trick) to:
FW:1750.0805.8773.12220

according to the nokia forums this is a software related bug, in effect since around nov/dec... will have it replaced eitherway, otherwise I'll end up with low battery in the middle of nowhere...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3