Tango + Nokia Firmware Update for Lumia 800 on Orange UK

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Turned it on, got my Playbook out, disconnected the PB from my wireless router and searched for connections. Picked up the lumia, prompted for a password and connected.

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmm - so near, and yet so far. Got notified that the phone needed an update but when I try and update I get error code 8018119C.

Before I go off and search for info - anyone here have any ideas?

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok - don't worry - sussed it. If anyone else has this problem - go and restart the Background Intelligent Transfer Service' in Services.

Fynolt

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Finally got the update come through tonight.

I didnt notice the phone telling me it was available until Zune mentioned it, then lo and behold, I unlocked the phone and what can be described as a "drop down menu" was showing saying that an update was available.

So, ye, installed. Internet sharing on orange is working for me, my old iphone with no sim connected through it fine.

Looks like a few of the minor changes come through randomly after a while. The "nokia-specific" marketplace live tile change didnt occur for about 5 mins. So looking forward to testing out everything tomorrow. :p

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the new 'Nokia' marketplace icon on the live tile...:confused:

What else, apart from tethering, does this update bring? On Orange BTW, got mine from Carphone Warehouse on launch day. Tethering seems to turn on, not tried connecting anything to it yet as phone signal is awful in my house!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans