Dialtones

thomasulrik

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
When I make a call and wait for the reciever to pick up the call, I sometimes hear two different dial tones, one "normale" tone and then one which sounds like it is an overseas call or far away destination ( like calling over seas in the old days). When attemting the same thing with a head set the second dial tone is so loud that I have to remove the headset from my ear...or else! Even with the volume lowered to 03 or less!
Does any one have any similar experiences?

Cheers

anon(5344488)

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
That dial tone is going to be different sometimes, depending on the carrier you are with, and the carrier the person you are calling is with. As your call is passed off to a different carrier, their system will take over and you'll here its default dial tone. On my carrier (Bell) its just a standard ring, but when I call my cousin on Telus, they play music as the dialtone while they're connecting me long distance.

As for the headset, that could be a unique characteristic of that model. Maybe it has its own volume control that overrides the phones settings. If so, try turning it down from the headset instead. Without having your phone with your exact headset its difficult to test.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That dial tone is going to be different sometimes, depending on the carrier you are with, and the carrier the person you are calling is with. As your call is passed off to a different carrier, their system will take over and you'll here its default dial tone. On my carrier (Bell) its just a standard ring, but when I call my cousin on Telus, they play music as the dialtone while they're connecting me long distance.

As for the headset, that could be a unique characteristic of that model. Maybe it has its own volume control that overrides the phones settings. If so, try turning it down from the headset instead. Without having your phone with your exact headset its difficult to test.

Thank you Bailey HD7, I didn't know that our carrier is also effect on our dial tone. Actually I never noticed that but now I will notice my dial tone in different-different carrier. Dial tone is a mobile phone or telephone signal. Today we can set any type of dial tone on our mobile phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo