New info on Network Setup app

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted Nokia US Support yesterday, to ask about the status of this app. It was originally available until earlier this year. Nokia pulled the app after some devs found a way to Interop Unlock Lumia devices, with it.

I have a Lumia 800 on Red Pocket Mobile (AT&T MVNO) and everything works, except for MMS. The only way to get MMS to work, is by configuring the MMS settings via this app. The pre-installed version of Network Setup is very old, and only does an auto-config of settings, based on the SIM card.

The Nokia US support rep said that the app will be available in the "coming weeks" to all US Lumia devices. Here is the tweet:

Twitter / NokiaCareUS: @ZuneTracks in the coming ...

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted Nokia US Support yesterday, to ask about the status of this app. It was originally available until earlier this year. Nokia pulled the app after some devs found a way to Interop Unlock Lumia devices, with it.

I have a Lumia 800 on Red Pocket Mobile (AT&T MVNO) and everything works, except for MMS. The only way to get MMS to work, is by configuring the MMS settings via this app. The pre-installed version of Network Setup is very old, and only does an auto-config of settings, based on the SIM card.

The Nokia US support rep said that the app will be available in the "coming weeks" to all US Lumia devices. Here is the tweet:

Twitter / NokiaCareUS: @ZuneTracks in the coming ...
My "old" network setup has a plus button at the bottom of the screen. So even though it attempts to auto-configure the settings, you can still override it with your own APN info. Yours doesn't have that option?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
They promised it would be out this week (after promising it would be out several months ago). So far, no dice. Can't say I'm shocked, only a little disgusted.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
what model do you have?

My "old" network setup has a plus button at the bottom of the screen. So even though it attempts to auto-configure the settings, you can still override it with your own APN info. Yours doesn't have that option?

Nope. The only thing it had was the ... to pull up the menu from the bottom, which gave you an "about" link for the app. That's all. Do you have an RM-819 variant phone, or a different one?

This issue is specifically related to the 819 variant Lumia 800.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos