Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I tweeted Nokia US Support yesterday, to ask about the status of this app. It was originally available until earlier this year. Nokia pulled the app after some devs found a way to Interop Unlock Lumia devices, with it.

I have a Lumia 800 on Red Pocket Mobile (AT&T MVNO) and everything works, except for MMS. The only way to get MMS to work, is by configuring the MMS settings via this app. The pre-installed version of Network Setup is very old, and only does an auto-config of settings, based on the SIM card.

The Nokia US support rep said that the app will be available in the "coming weeks" to all US Lumia devices. Here is the tweet:

Twitter / NokiaCareUS: @ZuneTracks in the coming ...
    Samsung Instinct>>Instinct s30>>Samsung Moment>>HTC EVO 4G>>HTC Arrive>>Nexus S 4G>>Samsung Focus Flash>>Dell Venue Pro>>Galaxy Nexus>>Nokia Lumia 800>>Lumia 900>>Lumia 920>>Lumia 520>>Lumia 925>>Moto G>>Moto X>>Lumia 1320>>Lumia 630>>Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Nice lets hope it happens. We got those "in few weeks" before
    Developer

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by kingp View Post
    I tweeted Nokia US Support yesterday, to ask about the status of this app. It was originally available until earlier this year. Nokia pulled the app after some devs found a way to Interop Unlock Lumia devices, with it.

I have a Lumia 800 on Red Pocket Mobile (AT&T MVNO) and everything works, except for MMS. The only way to get MMS to work, is by configuring the MMS settings via this app. The pre-installed version of Network Setup is very old, and only does an auto-config of settings, based on the SIM card.

The Nokia US support rep said that the app will be available in the "coming weeks" to all US Lumia devices. Here is the tweet:

Twitter / NokiaCareUS: @ZuneTracks in the coming ...
    My "old" network setup has a plus button at the bottom of the screen. So even though it attempts to auto-configure the settings, you can still override it with your own APN info. Yours doesn't have that option?

They promised it would be out this week (after promising it would be out several months ago). So far, no dice. Can't say I'm shocked, only a little disgusted.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteNiteLite View Post
    My "old" network setup has a plus button at the bottom of the screen. So even though it attempts to auto-configure the settings, you can still override it with your own APN info. Yours doesn't have that option?
    Nope. The only thing it had was the ... to pull up the menu from the bottom, which gave you an "about" link for the app. That's all. Do you have an RM-819 variant phone, or a different one?

This issue is specifically related to the 819 variant Lumia 800.
    Samsung Instinct>>Instinct s30>>Samsung Moment>>HTC EVO 4G>>HTC Arrive>>Nexus S 4G>>Samsung Focus Flash>>Dell Venue Pro>>Galaxy Nexus>>Nokia Lumia 800>>Lumia 900>>Lumia 920>>Lumia 520>>Lumia 925>>Moto G>>Moto X>>Lumia 1320>>Lumia 630>>Lumia 1520

looks like Nokia Network Setup App is back up. However for some darn reason it won't allow me to download it :(
    Nokia Support Discussions - Network Setup app for Nokia Lumia phones - Page 2 - Nokia Support Discussions