knapperbot

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I am new to both Windows Phone and Nokia, I think the last one I had was in highschool about 15 years ago ...

I am a long time iPhone user, since the first generation, and recently sold all of my Apple product and went Microsoft. I love my phone but I am having some uber issues with it.

I can NOT get MMS to work, and this is essential to me! I have everything possible with Virgin Mobile Canada. I am using an unlocked Lumia 800, and my network is setup and working just fine on 3G, but I am unable to receive or send MMS messages.

If I receive one it simply says loading then and chimes ... but nothing happens. If I try to send it says waiting ... then unable to send "try again."

I am sure that it has something to do with my APN settings, but I have checked everything possible on this phone and still nothing!!! Help please?!!?!:)

I have searched, and found some information regarding this, others who have experiences the same issue, however, still no solution. :mad:

Achilles Heal

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I am new to both Windows Phone and Nokia, I think the last one I had was in highschool about 15 years ago ...

I am a long time iPhone user, since the first generation, and recently sold all of my Apple product and went Microsoft. I love my phone but I am having some uber issues with it.

I can NOT get MMS to work, and this is essential to me! I have everything possible with Virgin Mobile Canada. I am using an unlocked Lumia 800, and my network is setup and working just fine on 3G, but I am unable to receive or send MMS messages.

If I receive one it simply says loading then and chimes ... but nothing happens. If I try to send it says waiting ... then unable to send "try again."

I am sure that it has something to do with my APN settings, but I have checked everything possible on this phone and still nothing!!! Help please?!!?!:)

I have searched, and found some information regarding this, others who have experiences the same issue, however, still no solution. :mad:
MMS works fine for me - especially after Tango update received a couple of weeks back. I'm on Telus.

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried downloading the Network Setup App in the nokia Collection? run it and try selecting your mobile provider to see if it works.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
No MMS on Red Pocket Mobile - USA

So I'm on Red Pocket Mobile, which is an MVNO using the AT&T network. I downloaded the Network Setup app, and configured my MMS APN settings, and STILL have no MMS.

Needless to say, I'm a little more than frustrated. I love the Red Pocket service, especially since I get HSPA+ on my Lumia 800, but it stinks that I can't send/receive MMS.

Has anyone been able to get MMS to work on RPM?

*edit*

Got it to work, see below for my instructions on how to get MMS on Red Pocket Mobile.

Last edited:

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Got MMS on Red Pocket Mobile, FINALLY!

Here's what I did to get it to work:

1. Installed the Network Setup app from Nokia.
2. Create a new APN
3. enter att.mvno for Internet APN "Access Point Name"
4. Under MMS APN enter att.mvno for MMS "Access Point Name"
5. Still under MMS APN enter 66.209.11.33 under "Proxy Address"
6. Enter 80 for the Proxy Port
7. Enter http://mmsc.cingular.com for the MMSC Address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss