Case making Lumia 800 dirty.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I am the happy owner of a Nokia Lumia 800. I've had the phone since february and have been using the standard rubber case which came with it in the box.

I have, however, to my despair discovered that the case has accumulated dirt and moist (from my pocket and hands I think) in the case resulting in the phone beeing dirty, it seems beyond cleening. :(

So my questions to you guys are:

1. Have you experienced the same?
2. Have you had succes cleaning it?
3. Can you recommend a cover (perhaps made of cloth or something) that will add an extra layer of protection to the surface while still allow the phone to "breath"?

Right now it seems that the case is "suffocating" the phone and it does make me a bit sad knowing that the once so bautiful only 6 months old phone now has such a diry back. :(

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

dreamstrue

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing. i used my phone very lovingly. I care for it much. I didnt wanted to use third party cases as i had bad experience with my nokia c7. but when my nokia lumia 800 came with rubber case and was oem manufactured i used it. After some monthsi took my phone out and i was shocked to see the back of my phone and felt very dissapointed. i used my phone with much care but that case ruined my phone back, It was like very old. i tried to clean it but no use. i used cleaning agents, it worked partially. the phone looks now better but when i take it in the sun the dirtiness is visible. so from my past two experiences i decided to use my phone as it is. maybe it will make it a bit clean in that way.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I am the happy owner of a Nokia Lumia 800. I've had the phone since february and have been using the standard rubber case which came with it in the box.

I have, however, to my despair discovered that the case has accumulated dirt and moist (from my pocket and hands I think) in the case resulting in the phone beeing dirty, it seems beyond cleening. :(

So my questions to you guys are:

1. Have you experienced the same?
2. Have you had succes cleaning it?
3. Can you recommend a cover (perhaps made of cloth or something) that will add an extra layer of protection to the surface while still allow the phone to "breath"?

Right now it seems that the case is "suffocating" the phone and it does make me a bit sad knowing that the once so bautiful only 6 months old phone now has such a diry back. :(

Thanks guys!
You can use things like Dettol Kitchen/Bathroom Wipes or even baby wipes fairly safely as there's not too much moisture in them and they usually contain cleaning agents of some kind.

Rather than trying to rub really hard on the dirt, do it slowly and more gently to give the moisture time to soak in. It will take longer but it should help to break the dirt down better.

As for cases; I don't bother with one, but if a case is something you absolutely want then maybe a "phone sock" style might suit better? Not ideal, but it's an option.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
All cases that fit the phone body.accumulate dust/dirt. You have to remove it once and a while and clean it.

foregonereality

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking an old thread but -

Has anyone been able to get the 'grease' like stains on the back of the 800?

I've removed the oem soft case and saw these stains and nothing's been able to get them off. I'm currently letting the phone stay naked to see if being exposed to the air might help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs