Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I dropped my phone last night and it shattered. It is only the glass that has broken and it still responds to all touches.

Been looking at some websites and I should be able to fix it myself, but I was wondering if I need to replace the digitiser or is it possible to just replace the glass?

Pretty sure the screen is all one part, meaning you have to replace to whole screen.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    The screen is one unit and it's pretty easy to replace. Here's a nice youtube video on disassembly:

Basically, you unscrew two screws, pop out the screen, and disconnect two cables that connect the screen to the phone. Takes all of 5 minutes. It looks like replacement screens are around 90$ on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Damien606 View Post
    I dropped my phone last night and it shattered. It is only the glass that has broken and it still responds to all touches.

Been looking at some websites and I should be able to fix it myself, but I was wondering if I need to replace the digitiser or is it possible to just replace the glass?
    I did the same thing an dhave been using it with a broken screen for about 3 weeks now lol. Too stingy to spend the 90 quid on a new screen.