Lumia 800 screen cracked

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 800 screen cracked badly, it fell on its back on concrete from abt 3 feet and the front face cracked badly, and worst part the nokia care quotes me the screen glass price exactly half of the price of the phone. I wonder if Nokia is targeting to make profits by making huge margins on the parts too.

Unlocked lumia 800 costs INR 24000(USD 450) in India and Nokia care quoted me INR 12000(USD 225) for the glass+touch digitizer. :(

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Look at the bright'ish side.. at least you would now have a good excuse to go for a WP8 device?
i would love to switch to lumia 920, but this one's just 6 months old and i bought it unlocked so it would burn a hugeeeeeeeeee hole in my pocket , i hope nokia offers an upgrade offer to existing Lumia owners to switch to WP8 just like HTC is planning an upgrade offer to its ONE-X customers to upgrade to ONE X+.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You could fix the screen on your own! A replacement screen goes for about 100 USD and use this tutorial. That's what I did for my 900 and saved a ton! Nokia Lumia 800 Screen Repair / Replace / Change a Broken LCD (AMOLED) + Touch Screen (Digitizer) - YouTube

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Well yes thats the plan, my only worry is that it would void the warranty but i think i don't have a choice.
But i wonder on Nokia's tactics, that they are trying to make huge profits on selling parts in that case it is beneficial for them to deliberately use substandard parts, I'm not convinced that a glass+touch digitizer actually costs half of the device so its surely a means to make some profits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon