Lumia 800 Camera Problems

robert_p_king

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a Lumia 800 partly on the strength of how good the camera was reported to be. I must say im not impressed so far. A lot of my photos are blurry, grainy or out of focus. Also, when taking a photo, it gets a slight green tint applied to it as it's saved.

My Lumia is patched up to .12220 with no further updates pending.

Has anyone had similar problems?

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The 800 has a pretty crappy camera no matter what Nokia says. They did fix it to a certain extent with software updates but I don't think it will get any better than it is right now.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid to say ! But the camera on the lumia 800 was poor from day 1 . Update from Nokia did little for it . Have 1 myself from day 1 ..

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
From my experience, I've felt the camera is very heavily dependent on good lighting. I feel for the most part, the pictures I've taken in good lighting have come out nicely. It's when taking pictures indoors and at night where I feel the camera struggles. I looked around online for some ideas on what settings to use and saw this article. The sample pictures generally look fine, the only picture that doesn't look great is the one taken at night. I also wisih colours looked a bit more vibrant consistently.

wings400

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My experience with the camera is that it was far better with past softwares and the latest messed it up big time. Indoors I can not take a single decent picture

Will Kenedy1968

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 800 camera app was working fine up until this morning.
Now, whenever I take a picture, the app crashes, taking me back to the home screen (desktop with the tiles thing). I can't even use the camera anymore. It doesn't matter if it's opened using the tile shortcut, the shortcut in the app list or the camera button - after it tajkes the picture, it pauses - stops then crashes in a heap.

A reset to factory settings and reloading of lost apps fixed it, though. I still don't know what happened, but it's fixed for now. I still use my camera (not my phone) to take pictures though. It's a dedicated DSLR - and it may have fewer pixels, but the lenses are a ****load better.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos