Back button

JontyMR

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is my first post :)

I do love my Lumia, but one thing that frustrates me is the back button. I might be doing something wrong, so if I am...it would be good to know what!

If you go into an App, then the left arrow at the bottom of the phone acts as the back button. So for instance if you want to go back a page on the web browser you press the arrow and it takes you back. All good :)

If a message comes in and you flick to that and read, then to go back to the web browser you hold the left arrow down and it brings up the list of current tiles open....you then scroll through and select the browser.

How do you then go back a page? If I now press the left arrow (back button) it takes me back to the previous app I was in, and not the previous page I was viewing.

Am I missing something? Or is it just a quirk of the windows format?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. Just tried this out. If I am at the first web page browsed when switching back from the message, and then press back, it does indeed go back to the previous app. Are you sure there are any more web pages you can go back to? Have you not just reached the end? Or maybe I misunderstood the question and just cofused haha :confused:

JontyMR

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope...you are just missing something!

Im talking complete rubbish....just tried loads of examples....and it would appear that I cant actually recreate the problem...so sorry about that!

Thanks for taking the time to look at it though :)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sure no problem. If you are able to recreate it, maybe someone else will have a better idea on what's wrong

oreozzy

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You didn't just goto the home screen, and press the internet explorer app did you? If you open up IE from the home screen, you will lose the previous page functionality of the back button and it will just take you to your last app as you describe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99