Lumia 800 battery capacity info missing from Diagnostic Tools

radioseb

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Recently purchased Lumia800 (white) vs old Lumia800(cyan)

Both devices feature the same firmware revision number .12220 but the hardware rev number is ....2.3 for Cyan and ....2.4 for the white one

Also battery lasts a lot longer on the white one than it use to last on the cyan one when new!!!

Any one any ideas why this info is hidden in the later build?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 8

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That cracked screen brought a tear to my eye. Also the picture is upside down :winktongue:

Not sure why it's hidden, but can you confirm if full charge capacity and remaining capacity is shown under detailed battery info? My guess would be they just didn't want it in 2 different places, even though I think it was fine the way it was.

radioseb

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
well I dropped it while I was getting some cash out from a cash machine and I was so depressed I had to buy another one next day so I can send the cyan for repairs (insured). Anyway :) there is no "detailed battery info" submenu that I can see. Diagnostic tools main menu looks identical on both devices. Am I missing something? Cheers

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I see that's a shame. At least it was insured so you're covered I guess.

I am running firmware revision .12220 and hardware revision .2.3 on my Lumia 800. When I open the diagnostic tool, there is the battery status (simple view) and detailed battery info directly below that:

IMG_2551.jpg

The simple battery status is shown in pic below:

IMG_2553.jpg

Now when I open the detailed battery info and swipe over to the detailed section, that missing info is there.

IMG_2554.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't as clear as I'd like, my camera wouldn't focus. Anyway, I hope that helps somewhat :wink:

radioseb

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, here is a snapshot of the white one. I never had detailed battery info, not even on the cyan one....hmmmm Both UK models bought from UK, not imported.
That looks cool, wish I had that info at hand. Thanks for you time
photo (1).jpg
Dam' Iphone I can never get the pictures right :)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's particularly strange that's it's not on the cyan one. I have the UK version too with same FW version. I am running Diagnostics App version 1.9.4.0 (you can find it in the about section by tapping on the ...). Perhaps they updated it?

radioseb

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Checked cyan Diagnostic App, guess what? Version 1.0.0.0 :) .To be honest I did get the phone first day it came out, hence the version number. So it explains it. Thanks for shedding some light on this. As far as the white one goes I think they must have added some better battery management within hardware revision? But it's only a guess. Cheers

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sure no problem. It's good we have a good idea why our diagnostic tools were a bit different. Yeah I'd agree with you with regards to the white lumia. It was one of the major complaints with the Lumia 800, so it would only make sense to tweak it in the later HW revisions.

Slightly off topic question: are there any differences or improvements with cameras/photograph quality between the two phones?

radioseb

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I like the question. I am working in London tomorrow so I will take both with me and try snap some detail reach pictures. Hope its not gonna be too overcast :) It would be interesting to see if there are any differences. I will post tomorrow evening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786