Can you put all individual email account tiles on homescreen?

simon_a6

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am not a Windows Phone user, but have a few questions.

I see you can put an email tile on the homescreen, but can you put on for each email account on there? Such as three - Hotmail, Personal and Work accounts...?
Also, I assume you can put WhatsApp icon on homescreen and see digits to show if messages have come in - but can you also put links up to click on and take you straight to a personal convo from a person?

Lastly, do apps on the homescreen like News feeds or Weather feeds, drain the battery a bit??

Regards

Simon

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I am not a Windows Phone user, but have a few questions.

I see you can put an email tile on the homescreen, but can you put on for each email account on there? Such as three - Hotmail, Personal and Work accounts...?
Also, I assume you can put WhatsApp icon on homescreen and see digits to show if messages have come in - but can you also put links up to click on and take you straight to a personal convo from a person?

Lastly, do apps on the homescreen like News feeds or Weather feeds, drain the battery a bit??

Regards

Simon

yes each Hotmail acct will appear as Hotmail 1 Hotmail 2 and so forth. Certain news feeds and weather feeds certainly drain the battery but other ones your far less likely to notice a drain. As far as whatsapp I've no clue. I haven't used it.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

yes each Hotmail acct will appear as Hotmail 1 Hotmail 2 and so forth. Certain news feeds and weather feeds certainly drain the battery but other ones your far less likely to notice a drain. As far as whatsapp I've no clue. I haven't used it.
Also one more thing, if you have the tile on the smallest size you can't tell which Hotmail acct is which. Unless you go into them or know the order you have them in. But if there medium size or large size it'll be listed as 1,2,3 and so on, on the tiles.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
re:

Re email icons, you can edit the names so they don't have to necessarily say Hotmail 1 etc.

If your work, Hotmail and personal accounts use different providers, I think the icons quill be different do you can distinguish between them. And also, if you want to not receive work emails out of hours, you can switch specific accounts to manual sync.

Re WhatsApp, yes you pin the app icon which then displays message count. Unfortunately none of the messaging apps (sms, whatsapp or email) allow pinning of specific conversations - you can only pin people you call/message regularly to home screen, not messages themselves.

And yes, feeds will take up more battery than if you didn't have them, but you still get a decent life out of the phone on single charge - currently about 16-24 hours.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

Re email icons, you can edit the names so they don't have to necessarily say Hotmail 1 etc.

If your work, Hotmail and personal accounts use different providers, I think the icons quill be different do you can distinguish between them. And also, if you want to not receive work emails out of hours, you can switch specific accounts to manual sync.

Re WhatsApp, yes you pin the app icon which then displays message count. Unfortunately none of the messaging apps (sms, whatsapp or email) allow pinning of specific conversations - you can only pin people you call/message regularly to home screen, not messages themselves.

And yes, feeds will take up more battery than if you didn't have them, but you still get a decent life out of the phone on single charge - currently about 16-24 hours.
that's cool I've never looked at renaming the email tiles. And my phone I'm lucky to get 5 to 7 hours of life on full charge. All background tasks are blocked, all the norms are turned off. I mainly just text and surf the web some on WiFi. Don't know why my bat drains so fast. I don't even play games on it. ��

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

that's cool I've never looked at renaming the email tiles. And my phone I'm lucky to get 5 to 7 hours of life on full charge. All background tasks are blocked, all the norms are turned off. I mainly just text and surf the web some on WiFi. Don't know why my bat drains so fast. I don't even play games on it. ��

just hard reset it then, and install app by app and see which one is the culprit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb