Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nothing on my Lumia 800 on Telia (SE) network. Zune says I'm fine with 7.10 (8773)
    non for tesco mobile on lumia 800

Have been updated to 710.8779.8 here in oz was hoping would have got the other two update too

Still nothing here in Borneo island....mine still run on Built 7.10 - 8773
  5. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    I got nothing so I used the seveneighty tool from XDA developers and it updated fine with a couple of clicks - unlocked UK phone.

Here's an interesting one. I had to replace my Lumia 800 because the Micro USB connector on the phone itself was going bad and constantly dropping USB connections. I mean if I breathed on the thing it would disconnect! Before it got exchanged (Yesterday) I did update to 7.8 on the faulty Lumia 800 on the 1st February at 18:00 GMT. I plugged it into Zune and as soon as it checked for an update, it was straight into the process all 3 updates without any problems.

Now on my replacement Lumia 800, it refuses to accept that there is any updates! I spent a good 45 mins doing to disconnect trick (various methods) and only managed to get it to cough up the NOKIA firmware update, but can't get Zune to cough up anymore updates, so I'm currently stuck on 7.10.8779. (The replacement unit came with Tango installed on it already)

I'm with EE (Orange UK). I guess I'm victim of the staggered update processes. I just find it interesting how one unit got the update and my replacement can't, the Model number is possibly different, everything else such as the SIM Card etc are all the same. It seems to be a carrier specific device still as it has Orange Branding and Apps pre-installed.

Need some 7.8 magic! I already hate the fact I can't shrink non-live tiles, massive space wasters! Start screen is ugly on 7.5 compared to 7.8!
    Still nothing from Telus in Canada.

hey lumia 800 guys, i just did update to 7.8 by the trick "force" it. my lumia 800 purchased in HK and i am using att in u.s..
    it works! now my phone is updating

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleoy View Post
    hey lumia 800 guys, i just did update to 7.8 by the trick "force" it. my lumia 800 purchased in HK and i am using att in u.s..
    it works! now my phone is updating
    Has anyone been able to make this "force it" trick work on a Mac ???

Thanks.../BD

Have updated my lumia 800 here in Australia had to use the forced trick as I got board of waiting, the trick is to use a stop watch for timing. For 4g wireless bb it work at about 6.8 seconds so good luck
    I got a response from Nokia regarding the 7.8 update. Im on Telus in Canada, but the schedule is probably the same for everyone (getting the update that is).
    20 day throttling period:
    - Jan 30th-Feb 3rd: 25%

- Feb 4th-Feb 17th: 50%

- Feb 18th-> 100%

My wife got her 7.8 update on her 800 (cyan) on T-Mobile Germany this past week.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Still nothing here in Oregon ... and the "force trick" does not seem to work using a MacBook Air???

/BD

.. finally running on 7.10.8858.136 after "unplugging trick".....

Hi, I'm on Orange UK and have tried the Zune disconnect method several times with no joy....

Just to be clear would you mind detailing the steps you took to get the updates?

Thanks

Raj

My replacement Lumia 800 from EE (Orange) came with Tango pre-installed, like I said above it wouldn't detect any new updates even though I knew there were a total of 3 (as the faultly Lumia 800 I sent back got them on the 1st Feb). The disconnect trick only managed to yield the Nokia firmware update, the actual OS updates wouldn't come through. I decided to actually ring Orange and they suggested resetting the phone, I wasn't optimistic, but I was happily surprised after the reset and setting up the connection to Zune again for the first time (Made sure I made Zune forget the previous phone connection), the updates immediately came through and I was on 7.8 again after about 40 mins.

Its strange, but apparently its a documented action to take if updates refuse to come through even though they are 100% available. I wouldn't want people to go and try resetting your phone for the sake of the updates, but seems mine was a replacement I hadn't long had it and barely setup anything on it again, I was able to do it without much inconvenience. Certainly Lumia 800's on Orange UK should be getting the update, I don't even think its been staggered.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    damn Microsoft for teasing us with this update, we were teased with a xmas release... nothing. then teased with a Feb release, nothing and been told that they don't know when its gonna be released. why couldn't they just flip the switch worldwide
    Still no luck. I'm really not liking the way this is being handled. It's ridiculous that you have to do workarounds just to get it.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    Still no luck. I'm really not liking the way this is being handled. It's ridiculous that you have to do workarounds just to get it.
    Totally agree. I really, REALLY want to like MSFT & Nokia... but this update is just being handled so poorly!

Give us a date range, heck - give us something so we know when to expect our update to 7.8.

Don't the original, very first to commit to Nokia's Lumia products deserve better?

/BD

Got os update version 7.10.8779.8 today on T-Mobile UK but no update to WP7.8.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I know there are still many, many Lumia 800s out there. Have you all already received the WP 7.8 upgrade? ... or have you given up on ever getting it??

...or maybe you're all more patient than me???

/BD
    Nokia has told me that there are performance issues holding back the update. Their engineers are working on it and hope to have it ready soon, but no date given. Not sure if this is just for the Lumia 800 or if they are just holding back any further updates of any device.

I had to force the updates on my giffgaff (o2) network in the UK. Was missing a lot of updates...

Just forced WP7.8 update using the internet disconnect trick, my network is T-Mobile UK.
    Seeing as it's been pulled, I wonder if they'll actually even bother re-releasing it and if they do, how long is that going to take. At that point, might as well get a WP8 device.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast