Lumia 800 7.8 rollout tracking

slobydamn

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an unlocked E-plus variant (German carrier) phone in Sweden and I got the update a few days ago. Three in total with 7.8 being the last.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody in the UK with an unbranded, sim free lumia 800 received the update yet ? I just keep getting told that I'm up to date

TurboTony

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I plugged in my Lumia 800 late last night to sync some files and after the sync it told me there were updates available.

The first one was to do with regional purchases from the store and some miscellaneous fixes. The second update was the biggie 7.8, and the third was something to do with camera buttons.
I did have the Mango update before this.

I'm in the UK and on T-Mobile (EE).

The whole process took about 2 hours to complete as it backed up the phone before progressing.

My friend who is on Orange (EE), has not yet been updated.

I had the notifications enabled on the phone, but they didn't announce anything. It was ONLY after a Zune sync that the updates were offered.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I got nothing so I used the seveneighty tool from XDA developers and it updated fine with a couple of clicks - unlocked UK phone.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting one. I had to replace my Lumia 800 because the Micro USB connector on the phone itself was going bad and constantly dropping USB connections. I mean if I breathed on the thing it would disconnect! Before it got exchanged (Yesterday) I did update to 7.8 on the faulty Lumia 800 on the 1st February at 18:00 GMT. I plugged it into Zune and as soon as it checked for an update, it was straight into the process all 3 updates without any problems.

Now on my replacement Lumia 800, it refuses to accept that there is any updates! I spent a good 45 mins doing to disconnect trick (various methods) and only managed to get it to cough up the NOKIA firmware update, but can't get Zune to cough up anymore updates, so I'm currently stuck on 7.10.8779. (The replacement unit came with Tango installed on it already)

I'm with EE (Orange UK). I guess I'm victim of the staggered update processes. I just find it interesting how one unit got the update and my replacement can't, the Model number is possibly different, everything else such as the SIM Card etc are all the same. It seems to be a carrier specific device still as it has Orange Branding and Apps pre-installed.

Need some 7.8 magic! I already hate the fact I can't shrink non-live tiles, massive space wasters! Start screen is ugly on 7.5 compared to 7.8!

mcleoy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
hey lumia 800 guys, i just did update to 7.8 by the trick "force" it. my lumia 800 purchased in HK and i am using att in u.s..
it works! now my phone is updating

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Have updated my lumia 800 here in Australia had to use the forced trick as I got board of waiting, the trick is to use a stop watch for timing. For 4g wireless bb it work at about 6.8 seconds so good luck

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I got a response from Nokia regarding the 7.8 update. Im on Telus in Canada, but the schedule is probably the same for everyone (getting the update that is).
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]20 day throttling period:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]
- Jan 30th-Feb 3rd: 25%
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]
- Feb 4th-Feb 17th: 50%
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]
- Feb 18th-> 100%
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

w853rdc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm on Orange UK and have tried the Zune disconnect method several times with no joy....

Just to be clear would you mind detailing the steps you took to get the updates?

Thanks

Raj

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss