Lumia 800 7.8 rollout tracking

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My replacement Lumia 800 from EE (Orange) came with Tango pre-installed, like I said above it wouldn't detect any new updates even though I knew there were a total of 3 (as the faultly Lumia 800 I sent back got them on the 1st Feb). The disconnect trick only managed to yield the Nokia firmware update, the actual OS updates wouldn't come through. I decided to actually ring Orange and they suggested resetting the phone, I wasn't optimistic, but I was happily surprised after the reset and setting up the connection to Zune again for the first time (Made sure I made Zune forget the previous phone connection), the updates immediately came through and I was on 7.8 again after about 40 mins.

Its strange, but apparently its a documented action to take if updates refuse to come through even though they are 100% available. I wouldn't want people to go and try resetting your phone for the sake of the updates, but seems mine was a replacement I hadn't long had it and barely setup anything on it again, I was able to do it without much inconvenience. Certainly Lumia 800's on Orange UK should be getting the update, I don't even think its been staggered.

theorangebandit

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
damn Microsoft for teasing us with this update, we were teased with a xmas release... nothing. then teased with a Feb release, nothing and been told that they don't know when its gonna be released. why couldn't they just flip the switch worldwide

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Still no luck. I'm really not liking the way this is being handled. It's ridiculous that you have to do workarounds just to get it.

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Still no luck. I'm really not liking the way this is being handled. It's ridiculous that you have to do workarounds just to get it.
Totally agree. I really, REALLY want to like MSFT & Nokia... but this update is just being handled so poorly!

Give us a date range, heck - give us something so we know when to expect our update to 7.8.

Don't the original, very first to commit to Nokia's Lumia products deserve better?

/BD

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I know there are still many, many Lumia 800s out there. Have you all already received the WP 7.8 upgrade? ... or have you given up on ever getting it??

...or maybe you're all more patient than me??? :excited:

/BD

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has told me that there are performance issues holding back the update. Their engineers are working on it and hope to have it ready soon, but no date given. Not sure if this is just for the Lumia 800 or if they are just holding back any further updates of any device.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as it's been pulled, I wonder if they'll actually even bother re-releasing it and if they do, how long is that going to take. At that point, might as well get a WP8 device.

greeeno

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Im with EE uk and still no notification for the update. The only reason im not forcing the update is purely because i shouldnt have to do that.

I asked EE on twitter how long it will be and they said " We are hoping to have the release out asap.." Nokia basically said the same...

Annoys me how poorly the whole situation has been handled and just makes you realise how badly MS has treated its early adopters of WP as a whole.

Cant wait till my contract ends tbh so i can just get an IPhone.

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
My aunt's Lumia 800 just got a notification of an update today which has me confused. Have they re-started the roll-out?

Either way, I'm holding off on updating her till we get some official confirmation.

fanel

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The Telus (in Canada) website lists the following:

[h=2]Notifications and updates: Nokia? Lumia 800: Software update[/h]Keep your smartphone running efficiently by using the latest available software.
As of March 2013, software version 7.10.8862.144 is available for the Nokia Lumia 800.
This release provides the following benefits and enhancements for your smartphone.

• Fixed a problem that could cause some Live Tiles that use daily or monthly update frequencies to consume excessive amounts of data by incorrectly opening multiple data requests.
  • Fixed a problem that could prevent Live Tiles from being updated after a third party app with Live Tiles is unpinned from the Start menu.
NOTE: Microsoft is releasing this update in stages. Your smartphone will receive a notification when this update becomes available to you.

Source: Overview?|? Nokia? Lumia 800?|? Phones & Devices?|? Support?|? TELUS Mobility

I haven't gotten the 7.8 update or this new one. Still waiting to update through Zune.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The Telus (in Canada) website lists the following:

Notifications and updates: Nokia? Lumia 800: Software update

Keep your smartphone running efficiently by using the latest available software.
As of March 2013, software version 7.10.8862.144 is available for the Nokia Lumia 800.
This release provides the following benefits and enhancements for your smartphone.

• Fixed a problem that could cause some Live Tiles that use daily or monthly update frequencies to consume excessive amounts of data by incorrectly opening multiple data requests.
  • Fixed a problem that could prevent Live Tiles from being updated after a third party app with Live Tiles is unpinned from the Start menu.
NOTE: Microsoft is releasing this update in stages. Your smartphone will receive a notification when this update becomes available to you.

Source: Overview*|* Nokia? Lumia 800*|* Phones & Devices*|* Support*|* TELUS Mobility

I haven't gotten the 7.8 update or this new one. Still waiting to update through Zune.

Still waiting myself. I didnt get the previous update to 7.8....Ontario, Canada.

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok have the latest up date 710.8862.... But WPC, facebook apps still not updating also other tiles now not updating.###update all tiles now updating after reboot :)

Last edited:

fanel

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
As of today, still no 7.8 update available for the Telus 800. My friend with a Wind 710 got the update (and the 7.5 Refresh update became available to both of us so I don't know...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos