Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So, just to keep track of who's got the 7.8 rollout - anyone got it yet on their Lumia 800?

If so, what country/network are you on?

(I'm in the UK on Orange/EE - not here yet).

Haven't been able to get it to work here in the US either (straight talk).

No luck in New Zealand.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    On AT&T here in Oregon... nothing available (yet) nor was D Rubino's "trick" working for me ...

Had 2 updates so far through Zune disconnect trick but no WP7.8 yet, still trying though! Phone OS at the moment is upto 7.10.8783.12 so must be nearly there....I'm on Orange in UK with a Nokia Lumia 800
    Last edited by Dreadi66; 01-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Third time lucky, it's installing as i type! OS 7.10.8858.136 described as new smart screen with sizeable tiles , new lock screen featuring Bing, 20 accent colours etc. Yes! ;-)
    Keep trying people, it is there, it's just a bit fiddly to get zune to show it but don't give up and you'll be happy with result I'm sure. We've waited long enough for it or you could wait for proper notification to come through whenever that will be....

Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts
    Nothing in Sweden on Telia... :(

I have an unlocked and unbranded 800 in the UK and nothing so far.
    I have a SIM free phone (o2 is my service provider) but still no update in the UK.

I came across the region availabilty on the Nokia website here: Availability in Europe - Nokia

I'm confused as to why the version numbers are slightly different for o2 compared to some of the others. E.g o2's latest version is 8852.12430 whereas EE is 8858.12460

Unlocked and unbranded in Norway, no update as of 12 hours ago.

No update on Tesco Mobile here :(

Nothing yet in Portugal (simfree)
    I have 800 and in the UK on orange. I keep checking updates in settings but nothing yet. Will it definitely let me know through settings?

Plug into Zune and check for updates in settings, not on the phone.
    Ok, will do, thank you

I got it this morning. On 3 in the UK Lumia 800. Bluetooth file transfer doesn't work though. The app gives me the message not compatible with my version of Windows Phone and says connect to Zune to update to the latest software? Loving the new look, and the new colours!

Hey there, the same problem.... i updated yesterday with the disconnect thrick, lumia 800 3 UK
    i have so 7.10.8858.136
    i have firmware 1750.0805.8773.12220 , the same as tango update :( this is the reason why bluetooth sharing isn't working and claims to update phone through zune
    Why is the new firmware update missing ? Do someone know something about this problem ?
    Thanks
    Alessandro
    Just plugged phone into Zune, just says phone up to date

Bummer! Not getting any up-date info at the mo' on my Lumia 800. Just out of interest, asked my wife to see if there was an up-date for her 710..... and there is. She had no time to up-date as she was off to a girls night out. And 3 hours later I am getting more infuriated at the lack of an up-date and that I can't get the "cable trick" to work. So will probably go to bed very frustrated that I didn't buy a 710 ;0)

Nothing here in Australia on Telstra, last update got it 3weeks later hopefully it happens sooner this time

Nothing available on my Lumia 800 in Finland (Saunalahti). Waiting continues.... :(

​​R.I.P Nokia Mobile Phones 03.09.2013 :'(

Global Posts
    4,048 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Updated my gf's 800 on the first night of availability using disconnect trick. In uk on voda.

I'm on an unlocked E-plus variant (German carrier) phone in Sweden and I got the update a few days ago. Three in total with 7.8 being the last.

Has anybody in the UK with an unbranded, sim free lumia 800 received the update yet ? I just keep getting told that I'm up to date

I plugged in my Lumia 800 late last night to sync some files and after the sync it told me there were updates available.

The first one was to do with regional purchases from the store and some miscellaneous fixes. The second update was the biggie 7.8, and the third was something to do with camera buttons.
    I did have the Mango update before this.

I'm in the UK and on T-Mobile (EE).

The whole process took about 2 hours to complete as it backed up the phone before progressing.

My friend who is on Orange (EE), has not yet been updated.

I had the notifications enabled on the phone, but they didn't announce anything. It was ONLY after a Zune sync that the updates were offered.
    Thanked by:
    csw43 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast