Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So my phone fell out my pocket in work and the screen pretty much shattered and i can no longer use my phone at all. I am with Tesco on a two year contract but stupidly decided not to take out insurance. I've only had my phone 3 months so would rather just pay to get it fixed though it will no doubt be very expensive.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've replaced my old lg quantum screen like 6 times. Honestly its a lot cheaper to order the part - s from eBay or even amazon. But amazon if there there tend to be priced a little higher.

walk thru on what you will need and how to do it.

lumia 800 replacement screen | eBay
    depends it you need the digitizer and or the display itself.

I was considering trying to fix it myself but i'm not fully confident i could do it :\ yeah both the digitiser/touch screen are broken. I've added a photo of the damage :( photo-.jpg

It just takes patience. This stuff isn't really that hard as long as you follow the steps one at a time. By the time I replaced my screen the third time I didn't need the instructions anymore lol. I'd offer you to send me all the stuff but I know you don't know me and well I'd probably think the same stuff as you about that. But you can do it. I have faith. There's videos on YouTube that are excellent. Just play and pause at each step.
    Thanked by:

Hmm i guess, but then i am also unsure about buying the parts online in case they aren't genuine... Aha. The video is of great help though, thanks for sharing it! :) i think i'll need to look into it a bit more before i start deconstructing my phone. Thanks for all your help! :)

Your welcome. Another thing to consider is peoples or companies return policies. I never buy anything that I can't return even if its defective. But check specs of screens and glass material. You should be fine.

Lmao well upon watching this video this is so simple to replace the screen. Even easier because the screen and digitizer should come as one piece. (sorry didn't actually watch the video before. Just put it for an example.)

Buy lumia 800 From EtradeSupply.com
    this is different parts for the l800 phone.

coupon 10% of LE55 might work. That's the site the guy in the video recommends and its an oem product.

http://www.etradesupply.com/nokia-lu...ith-frame.html
    oem product that you would need.
    its like 50 bucks for this one though. Then what ever shipping will be for you.
    Last edited by Zeroplanetz; 02-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Yeah to be fair it does look fairly straight forward. Thanks for the link! I think my phone should have some sort of warranty which should last around a year. In that case i may go to Tesco first and see if anything can be sorted.
    Last edited by Kimberley D; 02-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.

I know in the US if you don't have insurance your up the creek without a paddle. Well for something like this anyways.