Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By freestaterocker

I have an unlocked Nokia Lumia 800. I want to reset it, but I am scared if I will lose the unlock after reset. I am using a different carrier's sim card. Please, I need advice.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd365 View Post
    Thanks. But, at the reset option, I have the warning resetting the phone will restore it to factory settings. And I suppose factory settings mean that everything will be wiped and it will become locked as it was when I first got it? Please, clarify.
    What this means is you will lose all the apps and their data, as well as your contacts and their data, including text messages, etc.

When you boot up your phone following the reset, you will be presented with the latest version software and firmware, and nothing more. The phone will still be SIM unlocked.

I have an unlocked Nokia Lumia 800. I want to reset it, but I am scared if I will lose the unlock after reset. I am using a different carrier's sim card. Please, I need advice.
    Yes, the phone will remain unlocked so you can carry on using another SIM in it.
    Thanked by:

Thanks. But, at the reset option, I have the warning resetting the phone will restore it to factory settings. And I suppose factory settings mean that everything will be wiped and it will become locked as it was when I first got it? Please, clarify.
    Last edited by shepherd365; 04-25-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    What this means is you will lose all the apps and their data, as well as your contacts and their data, including text messages, etc.

When you boot up your phone following the reset, you will be presented with the latest version software and firmware, and nothing more. The phone will still be SIM unlocked.
    Thanked by:
    shepherd365 likes this.

Thanks

does it really stay unlocked ???

Yes