stream from set top box to lumia 800?

skiball

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
hi
i have been looking for a way to watch channels from my set top box remotely on my phone (7.8).
the box i have is a vu+solo2 running new zeus image.
i can .view the webinterface on my phone but when i try to stream a channel i get the message thsat windows phone does not support this file type.
i can stream the set top box on my laptop and i think the file that is downloaded to play the stream is m3u.
are there any apps that can play the stream files? i have been on marketplace and havent found any.
also i am due an upgrade soon so i may consider moving to iphone or android which can handle the function easily though i would prefer to stick with wp and preferably nokia if anyone has been able to acheive this function on wp platform.
any help greatly appreciated.
ski

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hey ski welcome to WPC central forums :smile:
if you are unable to stream from internet explorer mobile , that may be due to lack of flash player or any plugin which is not supported on windows phone. You can try contacting your set top box vendor if they have a windows phone app available.

skiball

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
yes i think you are correct himanshu. windows 7 laptop can stream from the box easily but windows phone (lumia 800 ver 7.8 cant).
i dont think there are any apps available to achieve this from the box developers it just appears to be a limitation of wp.
it is similar to skygo being available on iphone/ipad and some android but not supported on windows phone.
ski

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Problem is, since you're on WP7.8, I'm not sure if you'll get the support for that. As far as I know, WP doesn't support m3u natively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes