Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By DroBoy
  • 1 Post By namikral
  • 1 Post By Mitlov
  • 1 Post By squire777
  • 1 Post By squire777
  • 1 Post By Gaichuke

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Pretty much the same device as the 820, just better F.F camera, better battery and better design? I'll take it,
    cedarlog likes this.

Global Posts
    4,204 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I can't find the place on the Nokia site that says this has Corning Gueriila Glass (2?) like the 920, but the 800 doesn't? If this was coming to the UK I would snap up this phone in a heartbeat. I'm holding out for a 910 or something in between the 800 series and the 900 for now, but if I don't get it and the 920 is out of my price range would I have to import this phone?

Nokia f.cked with the bottom bezel again
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    looks a lot like the rumored surface phone

Pretty similar to the 820 except for a few key distinctions:

(1) Better looking (subjective);
    (2) Lighter weight;
    (3) Longer battery life;
    (4) Gorilla Glass instead of brand X scratch-resistant glass.

Sounds good to me.
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.
    Villain likes this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Any documentation that it will have dual core S4 and a gig of RAM? Couldn't find it on Nokia's site...

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardios View Post
    Any documentation that it will have dual core S4 and a gig of RAM? Couldn't find it on Nokia's site...
    Not yet.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Same camera as the 820?

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddori View Post
    Same camera as the 820?
    Yes, except for front facing camera the 820 is VGA while 810 is 1.2 megapixel.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Not yet.
    Nokia Lumia 810 - Windows Phone with Wireless Charging - Nokia - USA

Lists 1 gig of ram and Gorilla Glass.

Don't see anything about an SD card though. If it has that, this will be my next phone.

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Nokia Lumia 810 - Windows Phone with Wireless Charging - Nokia - USA

Lists 1 gig of ram and Gorilla Glass.

Don't see anything about an SD card though. If it has that, this will be my next phone.
    Dude. It's as 820 variant. Of course it will have the same features as the 820
    I'd like to see it with the cyan shell, but I think it's better looking than the 820. Add in a Skype HD certified FFC and you have me wishing T-Mobile was a Canadian carrier...

If Verizon gets something comparable maybe I can still avoid the HTC!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Dude. It's as 820 variant. Of course it will have the same features as the 820
    It has a different FFC, battery and Gorilla glass. So the features are not the same. You never know........

Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    I'd like to see it with the cyan shell, but I think it's better looking than the 820. Add in a Skype HD certified FFC and you have me wishing T-Mobile was a Canadian carrier...
    I'm guessing Wind will pick this up since they have been selling the Radar and 710.
    EvanKr likes this.

Two things I'm curious about - MicroSD and Super Sensitive Touch

Will it have it? Or is that the reason that it's 15 grams lighter while being a little bit bigger?

(The battery can't be the cause of it)

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if it's just black, or will it come in a plethora of colours like the 920?

I'd buy this guy in a heartbeat, but the lack of a 720p display is a HUGE turnoff for me. I wish that Nokia would've made a true Lumia 800 successor, which was essentially a 900 (sans LTE and FFC of course) in a smaller, lighter package. I would've loved to see a shrunken down 920, manufacturers don't seem to want to make high end phones under 4.5" anymore.

Multiple colors like the 820 are available Evan its on the nokia site. Really liking the Black with those Tmo magenta tiles... or maybe I'm just thinking too much about Carly Foulkes

One of the pages on the Nokia website lists the same colours for the 810 as the 820.

I would love to see some pictures of the different colour variations
    metalchick719 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by namikral View Post
    Nokia f.cked with the bottom bezel again
    It's a design choice they chose to implement after test groups preferred that button placement over the old one where they're positioned close to the bottom. More ergonomic with less accidental button presses.
    ramrac likes this.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    It's a design choice they chose to implement after test groups preferred that button placement over the old one where they're positioned close to the bottom. More ergonomic with less accidental button presses.
    I always thought it was ugly, it was a pet peeve of mine with the 800, but if it's more erganomic (I've had little time with the 800 in person), I'm all for it.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    From what I read at the nokia site, everything is the same except for the improvements and the design.

The only thing i dont see is the sensitive touch.

I've just been holding some of my old phones and the higher up button placement would be ideal since you generally use the bottom to rest your thumb when it's not on the screen.

The only questions I have so far are
    1. Will they offer the shell selection as they do for the 820 (color/wireless charging)? This is the only question my wife cares about.

2. Will they offer the 920 counterpart? If yes, I'll wait for it, if no, I will have to decide between the 810 and the 8X.

What's the internal memory? Is that info available, because I don't see it. And hopefully it'll have Super Sensitive Touch.

Too bad it doesn't have PureView and OIS. But at least it's better than T-Mobile not getting anything from Nokia.