11-20-2012 12:35 PM
- for 810, it is smaller with super sensitive touch, expandable storage, exchangable battery, wireless charging, Clear Black Display for outdoor use. Of course, a number of Nokia and Nokia exclusive apps.
for 8X, higher res but narrower screen, a better speaker and a large on-board but limited storage, a better front facing camera, too.
Personally, I will go for 810 for sure. I understand people might want to go with the 8X for design. Honestly, if screen res is not an issue, given both have RGB grid which should be good, 810 is better.
Plus, there is probably going to be price difference.
Another thing is that, HTC is focusing more on Android, which in my opinion, they should not do. If they go all in with Windows 8, they might have a chance.
Your thoughts?10-08-2012 10:35 PM
- bringing this thread back, as I got some hands-on time with the 8X today...
I must say, I MUCH prefer the Lumia 810 vs. the 8X. Yes, the 8X's design and feel is nice. It's a quality device. It's well designed and feels good in the hand. However, I must admit I'm a little concerned with the durability of the device...maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, but I don't know...I really tried to like it...and personally (NO FLAMES - PERSONAL OPINION!) I wouldn't be happy with it for 2 years. Again - just me...I'm super picky, though.
The lack of Nokia apps is huge...just play around in the marketplace on an HTC device and try to match Nokia Drive, etc...and then there's the removable and changeable covers...SD card support...etc...
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but after some one on one time with the 8X, I'm really glad I chose the 810. :)11-19-2012 05:43 PM
- I played around with the 8X today at a Microsoft store and I have to say that it felt great in my hand. Seeing it person kind of swayed me towards the 8X over the 920 (which I also played with) but HTC's bad reputation regarding updates will keep me away from buying one.
I would now like to get my paws on an 810 to see how that one feels.11-20-2012 12:46 AM
- Can't speak for the 8X as I've only handled a dummy phone at a T-Mobile store, but I now own the 810 and it is a stunning and awesome phone! I definitely don't regret getting it and don't even mind that it's not the yellow 920 I've been lusting after, lol! :P11-20-2012 11:59 AM
- 11-20-2012 12:35 PMLike 1
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD