Why can't this phone have an HD screen?!?!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I know how much more attractive that would make it, but... Well, think of it this way - the HD screen probably eats up the battery a lot faster. With the WVGA screen and an 1800 mAh battery, I bet this phone could get juice all day and then some. ;)

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If it was a TV I would be concerned but it's a phone. 800X480 on RGB stripe super AMOLED clearblack is beautiful. Actually and HD screen is the least important spec for me. If you go to AT&T and look at the Lumia 900 then you will see how beautiful the 800X480 screen is. Look at this. The 810 will get an enhanced screen of the Lumia 900.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, wow... Yeah, I always heard that the 900 had a great screen even though it's only 800x480 WVGA. If this is what we can expect from the 810, then I'm really happy! :lol:

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh, wow... Yeah, I always heard that the 900 had a great screen even though it's only 800x480 WVGA. If this is what we can expect from the 810, then I'm really happy! :lol:

Yeah specs are nice bragging rights when your friends have HD screens but at the end of the day it's the experience that matters. The Lumia 900 is rated by CNET to have one of the top 10 displays they have ever seen and displaymate says that the Lumia 900's display has the lowest reflectance of any screen they have EVER tested. I want my TV to have an HD resolution and I want my camera to have optical image stabilization but the 810 has everything I am looking for in a "phone". It has a great camera with Carl Zeiss optics and it has a beautiful display and all of the other specs that any other high end phone has. As a matter of fact the ONLY phone with optical image stabilization is the Lumia 920 so not too many people have that anyway. With that being said, the 810 is the perfect phone for me regardless of price and I think it is the best looking Lumia to boot.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It still has clearblack, super sensitive touch, and gorilla glass 2. Plus all wp7 apps will work without black bars.

Plus 720p FFC. Plus dual core krait, Plus 1GB RAM, plus removable storage, plus removable battery, plus 1080p HD video, Plus 8PM Carl Zeiss Lense, Plus super sensitive touch, Plus Gorilla Glass 2.0, Plus wireless charging, Plus changeable shells, Plus 10.2 Hrs talk, Plus 42Mbp/sec HSPA+, Plus etc.... You would be an idiot and be on tmo and not get this phone! It is loaded and beautiful! Spec whores can wait for 720p resolution but that doesn't meant **** to me.

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Plus 720p FFC. Plus dual core krait, Plus 1GB RAM, plus removable storage, plus removable battery, plus 1080p HD video, Plus 8PM Carl Zeiss Lense, Plus super sensitive touch, Plus Gorilla Glass 2.0, Plus wireless charging, Plus changeable shells, Plus 10.2 Hrs talk, Plus 42Mbp/sec HSPA+, Plus etc.... You would be an idiot and be on tmo and not get this phone! It is loaded and beautiful! Spec whores can wait for 720p resolution but that doesn't meant **** to me.
Those are all EXCELLENT reasons to get the 810!!

The only reason the screen on the 810 is seen as a negative now is because it's old news - despite Nokia's proven excellent track record on their screens with that pixel density and resolution, there are now "HD" screens so instantly everything else sucks.

Once the new Windows Phones hit up my local Microsoft Store, I'm going to have to do a side by side comparison in person and see the true difference. I'm the kind of guy who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 42" screen so I wonder if it'll be the same here.

Off topic: My only worry about this phone is the 8 GB internal storage for apps (which we all know will be slightly less than an actual 8 GB). SD card can't hold apps (though it can hold everything else, which is nice) and I fear apps are going to shoot up in storage space (i.e. games)

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Those are all EXCELLENT reasons to get the 810!!

The only reason the screen on the 810 is seen as a negative now is because it's old news - despite Nokia's proven excellent track record on their screens with that pixel density and resolution, there are now "HD" screens so instantly everything else sucks.

Once the new Windows Phones hit up my local Microsoft Store, I'm going to have to do a side by side comparison in person and see the true difference. I'm the kind of guy who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 42" screen so I wonder if it'll be the same here.

Off topic: My only worry about this phone is the 8 GB internal storage for apps (which we all know will be slightly less than an actual 8 GB). SD card can't hold apps (though it can hold everything else, which is nice) and I fear apps are going to shoot up in storage space (i.e. games)

If you put all of your files on the SD card I can't see 8GB not being enough RAM for apps only.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was initiallly disapointed that T-Mo (USA) wouldn't be getting the Lumia 920 or ATIV S... However, the more I look at the specs and consider those other two phones, the more I know I'll be EXTREMELY happy with the 810.

Negatives (ordered by importance to me):
- 8GB (would have preferred a 16GB version)
- (A Distant second) Screen (would have preferred higher res and larger, but I currently have an HD7 4.3, 800x480, the res and size have been great).

I'm chomping at the bit for Nov 14th to arrive so I can pick one up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon