I've decided on the 810 and so should a lot of you..

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been overly obsessed with deciding on which phone to get.

I have a fantastic T-Mobile unlimited call, texts and data for a $70 bucks a month. I've been very happy with T-Mobile. Even if I get the 810 and pay 20 a month, my bill is still under $100 bucks and thats the budget i'd like to keep without having to worry about going over.

I love the 920's curved design and HD screen.

However, I prefer a 4.3 screen. Removable covers so I can change colors, removable battery and SD card are major pros.

The screen may not have HD resolution, but it's still a beautiful screen.

Other than HD this phone is missing nothing.

I'm not going to become a professional photographer using a cell phone so a good 8MP camera is more than good enough for me. Plus I read that the purview is overrated and not as everyone thought it would be.

It's a cell phone. My obsession has become ridiculous. I felt like i was that creature from the lord of the rings..lol

810 here I come

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Actually the 810 (and others like the 8S in it's class) are solid phones. With the same processing power as their bigger brothers (920 and 8X) but lower resolution screens, they could actually outperform them in raw graphic power, but they will look slightly less sharp overall.

And actually it's a 15:10 (3:2) ratio not 4:3 on these 800x480 screens. They are a bit wider than old SD TV screens that were 480p.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm also getting an 810 - unless T-Mobile tries to make me upgrade my data plan. If that happens, I'll stick with my iPhone 4 and wait until the exclusivity AT&T has on the 920 ends and then I'll get one online somewhere. The 810 is definitely a great phone, has many things going for it. I would love to have microSD expansion again and have access to my phone's battery if I have to. Hope they also have more shells with different colors for this phone in the future. Yeah, that was one of the thing about the 820 I really loved.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually the 810 (and others like the 8S in it's class) are solid phones. With the same processing power as their bigger brothers (920 and 8X) but lower resolution screens, they could actually outperform them in raw graphic power, but they will look slightly less sharp overall.

And actually it's a 15:10 (3:2) ratio not 4:3 on these 800x480 screens. They are a bit wider than old SD TV screens that were 480p.

I can't believe you think the 810 is in the same class as the 8S. The only spec they share is screen resolution. Read the specs again....The 810 spanks the 8S all day long LOL! as a matter of fact if the 810 had an HD screen and pureview there would be no difference between the 810 and the 920 ;)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe you think the 810 is in the same class as the 8S. The only spec they share is screen resolution. Read the specs again....The 810 spanks the 8S all day long LOL! as a matter of fact if the 810 had an HD screen and pureview there would be no difference between the 810 and the 920 ;)

You're right I did overstate the 8S, but I didn't understate the 810. My bad. I otherwise basically said the 810 (and variants) are just a lower screen res version of the bigger brother minus the screen tech which was my main point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3