So whos feeling a little jaded...

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So after all the news recently I'm feeling a little pissed about the pricing for the 810. Seeing as AT&T is selling the 920 for 450 dollars while we are stuck paying 550 for the 810. The only pro I see for the 810 is the sd card. So lesser camera, no hd screen, and less on board memory for a higher price has me a little pissed. Not to mention free wireless chargers at AT&T. Uhg I just started my plan the T-Mobile 3 months ago as well....Also forgot to mention the 820 on att is 399....

DaydreamHero

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So after all the news recently I'm feeling a little pissed about the pricing for the 810. Seeing as AT&T is selling the 920 for 450 dollars while we are stuck paying 550 for the 810. The only pro I see for the 810 is the sd card. So lesser camera, no hd screen, and less on board memory for a higher price has me a little pissed. Not to mention free wireless chargers at AT&T. Uhg I just started my plan the T-Mobile 3 months ago as well....Also forgot to mention the 820 on att is 399....
I would wait to see how WalMart prices it before I got too bent out of shape. They're selling the GS3 for $149 versus T-Mobile at $279.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised it's that much full price. I thought it would be $500 even. In any case, I'm getting it on contract, just got a 32GB microSD card from Amazon last night, so no going back now. I'm disappointed T-Mobile isn't getting the 920 (at least not at this time; who knows if we'll get it after AT&T's exclusivity ends?), but the 810 is pretty sweet. It has a nice design, the interchangeable shells (though I hope we get additional colors soon), super sensitive touch, good FFC, microSD support and Nokia exclusive apps.

However, I do get where you're coming from... I didn't want to pay full price for this phone if I had to, and I probably would have just bought an unlocked 920 if I had to pay full price for any phone.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised it's that much full price. I thought it would be $500 even.
It is $500 even - you just have to wait for the $50 mail-in rebate check/debit card :p

I feel more "jaded" that AT&T snagged the stupid exclusive on this phone - the GSM carrier in this country that doesn't have a very good track record with unlocking phones (particularly Windows Phones) from what I hear. I'm also quite shocked that they actually are giving a better "off contract" price ($450) to their existing customers... I mean, who does that? That's not how US carriers operate - they rarely throw a bone to existing customers!! At the same time, AT&T's higher monthly rates plus the limited nature of their data plans (including charges for going over that limit) keeps me on T-Mobile. It would be more expensive in the long run to go with AT&T and their 920 :p

At the same time, T-Mobile has a horrible track record for getting any high end phone - they just don't have the funds... unless it's a Samsung Galaxy device. I guess that's the exception :/

One last thing: falsehopess, you forgot to mention that the Lumia 810 has the highest rated battery life of any Windows Phone anywhere: 10.2 hours 3G talk via the Nokia site, and 10.6 hours 3g talk via the T-Mobile site.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It is $500 even - you just have to wait for the $50 mail-in rebate check/debit card :p

Oh, right... I forgot about the $50 rebate card. :p For me, though, it'll be $200 - $150 after $50 mail in rebate. That's very reasonable.

Good catch about it having the best rated battery, by the way! That one totally got past me. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against the other WP8 phones in that regard. ;)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh, right... I forgot about the $50 rebate card. :p For me, though, it'll be $200 - $150 after $50 mail in rebate. That's very reasonable.

Good catch about it having the best rated battery, by the way! That one totally got past me. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against the other WP8 phones in that regard. ;)
Reasonable indeed! I'm saving my upgrade for the next generation of Windows phones... I need to see that Zune-like phone! Or the Surface phone!

I think the battery being removable (without having to use tools and search for the right kind of replacement - like all the unibody phones) is also a huge plus - I've had massive problems with a phone before only to pay $15 for a new battery and have it perform better than ever! Battery life is extremely important to me (and having a spare battery around couldn't hurt!)... I'm extremely jealous of the 22+ hour talk Android phones though :/

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Reasonable indeed! I'm saving my upgrade for the next generation of Windows phones... I need to see that Zune-like phone! Or the Surface phone!

I think the battery being removable (without having to use tools and search for the right kind of replacement - like all the unibody phones) is also a huge plus - I've had massive problems with a phone before only to pay $15 for a new battery and have it perform better than ever! Battery life is extremely important to me (and having a spare battery around couldn't hurt!)... I'm extremely jealous of the 22+ hour talk Android phones though :/

22+ hour Android phones? Is that for real? One of my best friends has an Android she absolutely hates and it only gives her something like four hours of battery per day on a full charge. :confused: She's always telling me when she texts that she has only 4 or 5% battery life left. Crazy!

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
22+ hour Android phones? Is that for real? One of my best friends has an Android she absolutely hates and it only gives her something like four hours of battery per day on a full charge. :confused: She's always telling me when she texts that she has only 4 or 5% battery life left. Crazy!

You're right Android phones have a reputation for horrible battery performance. I could be wrong but the only Android phone I know of off the top of my head is the Droid Maxx. I don't need 2 days of battery life though. I would be happy just getting through the end of the day.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You're right Android phones have a reputation for horrible battery performance. I could be wrong but the only Android phone I know of off the top of my head is the Droid Maxx.
Yep, that's it. Droid Maxx on Verizon. I wonder why only that phone has such long battery life? I can understand if Motorola was the first to find out how to do this, but why on only one device? Oh well.

I don't need 2 days of battery life though. I would be happy just getting through the end of the day.
That's the thing... 22+ hour talk time isn't going to give you 22+ hours of watching movies, listening to music, browsing constantly, and playing graphic intensive video games. Maybe we need a new way to classify battery life other than talk time (browse time?) but as it is I know I won't be able to spend 10.2-10.6 hours browsing the internet on my future 810 without charging. It's just not possible. THAT'S why a device with 22+ hours of talk makes me jealous... I want to do more than just talk on my device for 22 hours :p

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I do like everything they upgraded on the 810 although I wish they had upgraded the screen. That being said I am still patiently waiting for some videos reviews and an unboxing video of this phone. Concrete pricing from T-Mobile would be great also we are six days away why the hold up... 8X still peaks my interest but the 16gb kills it for me I need a minimum of 32gb. Thought I would share I am in the same boat metalchick already have my 32gb microsd card in hand for this phone.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I do like everything they upgraded on the 810 although I wish they had upgraded the screen. That being said I am still patiently waiting for some videos reviews and an unboxing video of this phone. Concrete pricing from T-Mobile would be great also we are six days away why the hold up... 8X still peaks my interest but the 16gb kills it for me I need a minimum of 32gb. Thought I would share I am in the same boat metalchick already have my 32gb microsd card in hand for this phone.

Pricing and availability have already been announced. I think they should be cheaper since AT&T went so low on the price but T-Mobile always charges more for their handsets since their plans are so much cheaper. I'm ok with it personally.

T-Mobile Announces Holiday Smartphone Lineup, “Premier Nexus 4 Partner” | | TmoNewsTmoNews

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I wish it has more than 8GB of internal memory!

Just put all of your files on the 64GB SD card and let the 8GB internal storage run your apps. There is no reason that 8GB of internal storage won't be enough to run apps alone. You will never use that up if used only for applications. With 1GB internal RAM, 8GB internal storage, and 64GB external storage this device has more memory than anybody can handle.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's it. Droid Maxx on Verizon. I wonder why only that phone has such long battery life? I can understand if Motorola was the first to find out how to do this, but why on only one device? Oh well.

That's the thing... 22+ hour talk time isn't going to give you 22+ hours of watching movies, listening to music, browsing constantly, and playing graphic intensive video games. Maybe we need a new way to classify battery life other than talk time (browse time?) but as it is I know I won't be able to spend 10.2-10.6 hours browsing the internet on my future 810 without charging. It's just not possible. THAT'S why a device with 22+ hours of talk makes me jealous... I want to do more than just talk on my device for 22 hours :p

Droid Maxx has a humoungous battery.. Li-Ion 3300 mAh.. So nothing great..

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just put all of your files on the 64GB SD card and let the 8GB internal storage run your apps. There is no reason that 8GB of internal storage won't be enough to run apps alone. You will never use that up if used only for applications. With 1GB internal RAM, 8GB internal storage, and 64GB external storage this device has more memory than anybody can handle.
Not if I want to download offline maps for every country :p Or download any super large WP8 games that come out in the future (assumption)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Mystictrust you are high maintenance haha!
HAHA! I'm just aiming really high for this phone

I've been holding on to something like 170 MB internal storage space on my old low end Android and I have to clear all browsing data and history every day or two, and am stuck with 13 apps (and a TON of preinstalled apps and demos that I can't delete, taking up valuable space). I can't download anything without getting an "out of memory" error, and Android's "move to SD card" is a joke, because most of my apps can't "move" anywhere, and if they can it's only about 100k or so of the app that can be moved.

(I'm also going to be developing some apps of my own and installing homebrew apps so I want to have plenty of free internal storage space)

Now, put yourself in my shoes and imagine what could happen when the shackles are removed!! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)