Importing to the UK

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm considering getting one of these to take to the UK, and use it over here on Three UK, but I'm just wondering, would the bands be supported? Here in the UK we use AT&T's 3G bands, not T-Mobile's. I would need 3G as my carrier does not support 2G! If it drops to 2G only, then my phone is essentially a glorified dumbphone... as the way 2G works on my carrier is it roams onto another network to do it, and that network refuses our network using data on their network, only calls and texts.

Also, are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Well, the phone is locked, so you probably wouldn't be able to use it over in the UK unless you get it unlocked. Then again, I know I read someone on this forum saying that T-Mobile will unlock if you buy a phone full price. (??) It does have the 1900 band that AT&T uses, so I would think you would get 3G if that's your usual band frequency. You might want to go into the HTC Radar forum to check the thread about using the Radar on AT&T. I don't recall exactly what was said, but the user was talking about the signal strength and frequencies they got with that T-Mobile phone on AT&T, so you can probably expect a similar response from the 810 on your carrier.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The Nokia page says it's a quad band that covers 1700/2100 and 850/1900
Nokia Lumia 810 Specifications - Nokia - USA

It should work fine for you in the UK as long as it's unlocked.

I have two imports my HTC 7 Trophy is from Germany and my Samsung Galaxy S2 is from Greece, There shouldn't be any major pitfalls. The only issue you have with imports is when you do an update the language goes back to the country code that is on your phone. My Trophy goes back to German and my Galaxy S2 goes back to Greek, but I just change it back to English.

You can flash the phone to change country codes, but you can also brick your phone when you flash it.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
In theory that should be the case, but it isn't always true. The spectrum ranges are correct and but the underlying technology is not the same, TDD, FDD and is the Tx PCN or DCS?
Im trawling through some sites at the moment trying to understand if this will work..

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, having looked at Three's prices via TESCO mobile phone store, I think I'm sticking with the 820 anyhow... thanks for all the support though guys! Do appreciate it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans