I have a Nokia Lumia 810!

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I know this is my first post, but what better way to introduce myself than to say...

I HAVE A BRAND NEW NOKIA LUMIA 810!

Great phone! It feels great in the hand, very solid...no "cheap" feel to this device. First impressions:

*back cover is a beast to remove!
*Facebook app crashes when using messaging...works fine synced through Messages app...I know a weird first impression but its one of the first things I needed to set up and use
*as you know, no Skype yet so I can't test that awesome FFC lol
*music sounds great, speakers are good - coming from the 710 it's head and shoulders above it
*love the screen size...got to hold a 920 today and put them side by side and while I still think the space at the bottom under the capacitive keys is wasted, I really don't mind it. 4.3" is perfect for me
*very, very quick app load times...for example, whatsapp...no more "resuming" when i bring it from the task list...
*Im not sure if anyone has seen the settings menu in WP8 but I'm loving the added options and customization...

OK so I won't be online ALL WEEKEND but I'll try to answer questions regarding this device before you rush out on Wednesday to get one. :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Whoa... I'm getting this phone on Wednesday at a local T-Mobile store in my area. How did you get yours so early? Congrats on it, by the way. I can't wait to get mine! :D

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you sir! Don't tell anyone from Crackberry that I've shifted for the time being ;)

LOL! I am BlackBerry bold user and also belong to crackberry but I will be leaving them too haha! Congratulations on your new phone! That's the one I want. So one quick question. How the **** did you get your hands on a Lumia 810?

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Whoa... I'm getting this phone on Wednesday at a local T-Mobile store in my area. How did you get yours so early? Congrats on it, by the way. I can't wait to get mine! :D

Excellent choice! I know you'll enjoy it. I received it early because i work for T-Mobile and I was chosen to become a Windows Phone super-user in order to better support my customers and peers. I was as well for the Lumia 710. Very jazzed because WP8 is a fantastic product and I hope it does very well for us!

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Excellent choice! I know you'll enjoy it. I received it early because i work for T-Mobile and I was chosen to become a Windows Phone super-user in order to better support my customers and peers. I was as well for the Lumia 710. Very jazzed because WP8 is a fantastic product and I hope it does very well for us!
ok Buddy. I am really looking to get this phone.. Since i believe i will continue with Tmobile.. I dont have a contract and dont think i will get one..

How is the Camera on this?. compared to 710...

Are there any other covers other than Cyan?

How do you compare this with 8X

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
ok Buddy. I am really looking to get this phone.. Since i believe i will continue with Tmobile.. I dont have a contract and dont think i will get one..

How is the Camera on this?. compared to 710...

Are there any other covers other than Cyan?

How do you compare this with 8X

Camera is fantastic, haven't taken a TON of pics yet but the panorama is sweet...mine just came with a black back cover so can't comment on the covers.

The 8X...haven't had a SxS comparison but should on Monday when my coworker gets one...fingers crossed. I actually chose the Nokia over the 8X. I just have more faith in Nokia to do it right. :)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I received it early because i work for T-Mobile and I was chosen to become a Windows Phone super-user in order to better support my customers and peers.
You T-Mobile people (well, at least the people around here) are stingy with letting people come in to look at the device early :p (I called 3 stores today. Some of them had demo devices, none would let me come see them) Very jealous. Congrats!

*as you know, no Skype yet so I can't test that awesome FFC lol
Sorry, I'm not letting you off the hook that easy :p A Microsoft Store rep tonight switched the 920 camera to front facing and I found myself looking right back at... myself.... No Skype, just regular ol' camera. So get to testing it! :p

*love the screen size...got to hold a 920 today and put them side by side and while I still think the space at the bottom under the capacitive keys is wasted, I really don't mind it. 4.3" is perfect for me
I might be with you there on size - all I really wanted was the exact size of the Lumia 800 but with WP8 and NFC, oh well. I compared the specs online and it looks like, width and length wise, it's practically the same as the Lumia 900 (which will make it real easy for me to find a new belt clip). Anyway, I like the extra space - even on the 920 tonight I found myself accidentally hitting the search button, but not as easily as on an HD7, since there's a little more space between the button and the part of my hand that the bottom corner of the phone touches

*Im not sure if anyone has seen the settings menu in WP8 but I'm loving the added options and customization...
Yeah, there are a lot of things on that list! Can't wait to play with that on my own device

So... pictures? Can you take and upload some photos of the device? Oh, and can you try to stand it up on the left edge and see if it will stay without falling? There's a question like that in a thread on this forum. Hmm... OH! Can you test GPS indoors? See how fast it picks up your location in Nokia Drive+, then go to Bing and search for something, head on over to "Local" and see how fast it takes for the results to populate. Go as far indoors as you can, away from any windows. This is probably one of the most important things to me - getting a quick and accurate location lock. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Edit: Does it RATTLE or sound a little off when the phone vibrates? Seeing reports of that with the 920 (and apparently it happened with the 900 as well). How's that 810 holding up with vibration? And is it a strong or weak vibration?

Last edited:

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9860337/

sorry for the hasty post, kind of in a rush this morning, but as you can see the 810 sits up on its left side all by its bad self :cool: the vibration is strong, i'll check for the rattles and might have a chance to play with the gps.

everyone enjoy their weekend!

Last edited:

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your phone! :)

Do you happen to remember what the onboard memory is right out of the box? Curious to see how much memory WP8 OS takes up and what's left to use.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE

GPS - isn't the fastest in the world, but inside my apartment (lower level) it found me VERY precisely within 60 seconds. Keep in mind there are two units above me and I'm in an inner room...hope that helps.

The vibration is good...not sure what you're looking for but no, it doesn't rattle itself off of the table lol. I'll have to check the vibration when playing music and if that distorts it any...my phone is on absolute silent mode 95% of the time :/

@redeyes - I suppose you could...but whyyy? you'd hurt my feelings :p

OH - about the onboard memory...I'm sorry, I've already went app-crazy, but of the 7.41GB available on the device, there was 5.xx something usable to me when I first unboxed it. Sorry I don't have the exact figures but there you have it.

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE

GPS - isn't the fastest in the world, but inside my apartment (lower level) it found me VERY precisely within 60 seconds. Keep in mind there are two units above me and I'm in an inner room...hope that helps.

The vibration is good...not sure what you're looking for but no, it doesn't rattle itself off of the table lol. I'll have to check the vibration when playing music and if that distorts it any...my phone is on absolute silent mode 95% of the time :/

@redeyes - I suppose you could...but whyyy? you'd hurt my feelings :p

OH - about the onboard memory...I'm sorry, I've already went app-crazy, but of the 7.41GB available on the device, there was 5.xx something usable to me when I first unboxed it. Sorry I don't have the exact figures but there you have it.
wprob i did have a question are you guys gonna stock the back covers on launch?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me clarify, I know the phone can be unlocked, will t-mobile 810 used on ATT get 3g/4g speeds?
Thanks;)
It seems to contain the same HSDPA band that AT&T uses for 3G (1900) so I don't see why not. All T-Mobile phones should work on AT&T 3G without a problem. All AT&T phones won't work on T-Mobile 3G unless the network refarming has been completed in the areas you're using them in.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Love, love, LOVE the ClearBlack screen. It looks fantastic!

In regard to the back covers, I really don't know, sorry. I don't work retail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills