Lumia 810 only available in black?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
After wprob's post about getting a Lumia 810 only in black and then the unboxing video that was posted the other day, I'm starting to worry that there may only be black available. I really want to get it in cyan. Also, the specs page on Nokia's website shows only black as an available color. It wouldn't be a deal breaker that would prevent me from getting the phone, but it would suck if I could only get black because I've had a black iPhone for the past year and a half. :( Anyone have any info from their T-Mobile store about cyan being available as well? If it's not, then that really sucks because they kept saying from the beginning that we'd have a choice between those two colors.

Nokia Lumia 810 Specifications - Nokia - USA

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The 810 will only be sold in black and the wireless charging battery covers will come in black and cyan.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The 810 will only be sold in black and the wireless charging battery covers will come in black and cyan.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Yes it will be sold in black only but the shells sold separately. My only concern is if only the wireless charging shells are sold in cyan. I don't like the wireless charging shells because they make the phone so thick. I hope they make the regular shells in cyan. I hope Nokia makes other colors in the future. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't since they have the mold and colors already. I think you will see a lot of chinese aftermarket shells in plenty of colors and designs flood ebay soon but they might be cheap plastic. OEM polycarbonate shells would be nice. Hopefully Nokia comes through for us on options. We'll see.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The wireless charging back should Not add bulk. It didn't on my 4 year old Palm Pre I cannot see why it would on this device. But I may be wrong.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
ah nostalgia I did love my palm pre. What a terrific os that was totally ruined by ****ty hardware

absolutely. I loved webOS. used a Pixi for a long time.

in regards to this post, though, I can't imagine why the charging cover would add more bulk to the device. there's plenty of room under the hood if you take out the soft "shim" attached to the back cover between the cover and the battery. I suppose we'll see. :)

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the wireless charging cover does add bulk. Google lumia 810 hands on and look for the CNET hands on by Jessica Dolcourt. There you will see pics of the Lumia 810 in a black stock cover where the camera is flush with the cover and in the cyan wireless cover where you can see the camera is recessed and not flush with the door. Sorry I would post the link but I am running out the door now.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had no idea the other shells would be sold separately. Bummer. I hope they have the cyan one available at the T-Mobile store when I go on Wednesday. Also planning on going to the Queens Center Mall tomorrow, where they're supposed to have a Nokia stand/kiosk, so if I'm lucky, maybe I can just get the phone and shell there.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I went into the Tmo store to check out the 810 a day early. Happen to run into a Nokia rep going over some stuff with the tmo salespersons. She let me play with the 810 and i asked her about the availability of colors for the shells. She showed me a booklet (perhaps only the sales ppl have access to it) and it had a variety of colors we are familiar with. I can't remember all the colors now as she briefly showed it to me but yellow was in there. prob red and white too. She said to make sure I buy back covers that are NFC capable as well. I guess not all of them are...? But i just want you to know I saw them with me own eyes! I had posted a similar topic a while back, glad to see they are a reality! She also said something about Hurricane Sandy delaying shipments from Asia. Not sure how that makes sense....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss