Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Mystictrust
  • 1 Post By metalchick719
  • 1 Post By metalchick719
  • 1 Post By wprob
  • 1 Post By Mystictrust
  • 2 Post By metalchick719

Just left my local T-Mobile store after inquiring about accessories for the Lumia 810, and was told they are getting a shipment in this Wednesday (two days!) that should include screen protectors, wireless chargers, wireless back plates, and whatever else there is. I imagine that shipments could vary across the country, but if it is indeed true that this shipment includes the wireless charging accessories, then this is great news! That means that they exist and will be available real soon :D

I did look at an "Invisible Shield" screen protector made for the 810. It covers both the front and the back... if you don't mind paying $30!! Forget that noise! Throw an extra $10 on that and I can get a cyan backplate w/ wireless charging, so no thank you to the overpriced screen protector. I do want a screen protector... I hate fingerprints and I have a bunch of smudges on the screen - it's so dang bright though that I barely remember they are there until the screen turns off.

Side note: I did run my car keys across my screen to unlock it (yay for super sensitivity) and no scratches to report :P
    Thanked by:
    metalchick719 and wprob like this.

sweet thanks for the update mystic i will try my store on Wednesday
    Cool, I'll have to go to a T-Mobile store near me to look into getting the cyan back cover at the very least. I have a T-Mobile accessories coupon handy that my best friend gave me last week plus a gift debit card that's been waiting for me to spend it since May! :P
    Mystictrust likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    Cool, I'll have to go to a T-Mobile store near me to look into getting the cyan back cover at the very least. I have a T-Mobile accessories coupon handy that my best friend gave me last week plus a gift debit card that's been waiting for me to spend it since May! :P
    Please tell me more about this magical accessories coupon .... I've never heard of such a thing. And considering the charging shells are $40 and the charging plates are $50+, I'm either gonna need a coupon, or will have to wait until third-parties start releasing some hardware.
    I never saw coupons before, either, and I've been with T-Mobile almost 11 years. She just handed it to me out of nowhere. It's for 30% off on any accessory. Not sure where she got it, but it looks like it came from a magazine. I can ask her where she got it.
    Mystictrust likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    If its not too much trouble, please do! Thanks!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Side note: I did run my car keys across my screen to unlock it (yay for super sensitivity) and no scratches to report :P
    You, sir...are a brave, brave man...gorilla glass or not haha
    Mystictrust likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kbagrows View Post
    Please tell me more about this magical accessories coupon .... I've never heard of such a thing. And considering the charging shells are $40 and the charging plates are $50+, I'm either gonna need a coupon, or will have to wait until third-parties start releasing some hardware.
    Found a source of the 30% coupon.. check your email for the T-Mobile Scoop newsletter. At the bottom is an offer code redeemable online or in-store for 30% off. I'm afraid to post it here because I'm not sure if it's unique or not and I can't find it in any online searches. I guess I'll use it and then post it to see if it's still redeemable for others...

Oh I would be interested if you can hand it out mystic

I checked T-Mobile's website and they have removed the wireless charging stand and shell from the Accessories option in my account and the 810 listed accessories. Hopefully the stores get the shell today :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Clancynobi View Post
    I checked T-Mobile's website and they have removed the wireless charging stand and shell from the Accessories option in my account and the 810 listed accessories. Hopefully the stores get the shell today :(
    Well, that sucks. :( I'm going out in a couple of minutes but will definitely check out a T-Mo store in my neighborhood to see if they have anything. At the very least, I want that cyan shell. Might be better to get the wireless charging plate online, like from Amazon.
    Checked in with the T-Mobile store nearest me and no, they don't have any charging accessories for the 810 yet. All they had were screen protectors. Oh well, in due time, I guess.

sigh just called my t-mobile store and the rep told me "we only have the wireless charging shells for the 710 not the 810" wtf

So the lady I talked to had no idea what she was talking about, I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. I called today and while they did receive accessories, it was a pink case and some "lens protector"... I specifically asked her on Monday if there would be wireless charging accessories and she said yes. From now, on, I'm keeping my eye on the Nokia blog when THEY announce that 810 accessories are out for sale (unless someone else gets their hands on a cyan shell or something)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehopess View Post
    sigh just called my t-mobile store and the rep told me "we only have the wireless charging shells for the 710 not the 810" wtf
    They have wireless charging shells for the 710? WTF?
    metalchick719 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by falsehopess View Post
    Um... Wow... Clearly, T-Mobile store reps are completely clueless. They probably meant the different colored shells for the 710.

ya little upset was not my usual rep oh well...most of them had not done their windows phone training as you can expect. Most of the staff told me they were not expecting to move many windows phones.
    When I bought my second one they told me that was their last one. That will show them lol

You can also get the 30% coupon on accessories from Foursquare when checking in for the first time.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Just left my local T-Mobile store after inquiring about accessories for the Lumia 810, and was told they are getting a shipment in this Wednesday (two days!) that should include screen protectors, wireless chargers, wireless back plates, and whatever else there is. I imagine that shipments could vary across the country, but if it is indeed true that this shipment includes the wireless charging accessories, then this is great news! That means that they exist and will be available real soon :D

I did look at an "Invisible Shield" screen protector made for the 810. It covers both the front and the back... if you don't mind paying $30!! Forget that noise! Throw an extra $10 on that and I can get a cyan backplate w/ wireless charging, so no thank you to the overpriced screen protector. I do want a screen protector... I hate fingerprints and I have a bunch of smudges on the screen - it's so dang bright though that I barely remember they are there until the screen turns off.

Don't buy the invisible shield. It is the worst screen protector I have ever used. It has an ugly orange peel texture and your fingers will stick to the film rather than glide across the screen. It will ruin your typing experience. I would recommend Clarivue or Media Devil over Zagg any day. I wouldn't worry about fingerprints as the 810 is probably the most fingerprint resistant phone ever made

Went to a TMO store today and they still did not have any of the Wireless Charging products or know they existed. They did say they are getting a shipment of accessories (not specifically 810 ones) next week after the Black Friday deal has ended.