Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

In case any of you were still wondering considering the various amounts of conflicting literature out there over the past few weeks, I can confirm that at the very least, a class 10 64GB SanDisk microSDXC is functioning perfectly with my 810...and it is very fast (no camera lag as I read might be occurring in another post)

wp_ss_20121119_0001.png

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    that is too cool....i thanks for the confirmation!
    That is absolutely awesome! Thanks for confirming this. :D I'm adding loads of music to my 32GB card on my new 810 as we speak! :P
    Mystictrust likes this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks, ordered a class 10 SanDisk microSD for all my music and photos, looking forward to all of that storage! Glad to actually get real-world confirmation!

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I caught that Bestbuy sale also, my L810 should be here Friday and I'll be 64GB ready! Thanks!

I can also confirm that it works, but I am having a pretty serious problem and wonder if it is a card problem or a phone problem. Specifically, if I am saving to the card and do anything else with the phone, I hacpve some very stern agree behavior. It will get stuck in the save process. I will then not be able to get to my settings screen. To fix things, I need to pull the battery, pull out the memory card, stick the memory card into my computer and scan/fix it before putting it back into the phone. If I don't scan/fix it first, the phone will work fine but won't see the card. It is a sandisk 64 class 10 card. Card problem? Or phone problem?

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    That sounds like a card problem. I've had similar experiences with cards before. I'd try re-formatting the card with the phone. If that doesn't work, I'd RMA.

Thanks. I'll try the reformat and see if that fixes it. IMF not, it's back to Amazon with that silly card. It's driving me nuts! At least I've gotten pretty good at popping the back cover off LOL.

update: a reformat in the phone didn't work Netherlands phone is still framing/ crashing with the memory card. I plan on picking up a small card today and testing it out before sending this one back, just to make sure it's not a problem with the phone.

update 2: tried a different card and it works fine - no more lockups! The original 64gb card is headed back to Amazon.
    Last edited by kittengirl; 11-20-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    gfiz, Is this the same card you used?
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics
    I just bought one at the killer price of $38.99

That's the one I used, and have returned as defective for exchanger, but sadly, it was not on as much of a sale when I bought it:(
    Developer

FYI, you can use a Class 4 micro SD, but it's painfully slow for writing photos and video. Also, I occasionally get an error when trying to read an MP3 (usually the first MP3 in a playlist, but subsequent files open fine, or if I hit the back button it will play).

I'm going to wait till blackFriday or cyberMonday to place an order for the SanDisk 64gb microSD. Hopefully there will be a deal, but I always wonder which day will have the better prices (blackFriday or cyberMonday).
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Quote Originally Posted by ricardios View Post
    gfiz, Is this the same card you used?
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics
    I just bought one at the killer price of $38.99
    The one i bought was from best buy for 41.99, sku is 4120116. I think its the same one,but there are like 3 I've seen that have the same description but different sku's.

I've taken 100's of pictures and hours of videos so far and have zero complaints
    Developer

B and H photo has the 64gb for $39.94 right now.

SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class SDSDQUI-064G-A11
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    That's the card I have ^, $59.99 @ worst buy...rats.
    Going to my local Compusa and getting my 64gb card for $40

CompUSA.com | SDSDQUA-064G-A11A | SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Flash Card

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Has anyone downloaded any Nokia maps to their phone? Can maps be saved to the microSD card? I'm using Nokia Maps version 3.0.113.8

Quote Originally Posted by ricardios View Post
    Has anyone downloaded any Nokia maps to their phone? Can maps be saved to the microSD card? I'm using Nokia Maps version 3.0.113.8
    Maps are saved in the main phone memory only as far as I can tell. Which on the 810 kinda sucks since you only get 8GB to play with. I initially downloaded the whole U.S. map set @ 2.5GB but then deleted it and only downloaded a few individual states to save space. On the other hand, I have a 64GB SD card which I've already got 20GB of music on...so I'll take that trade-off any day.

Quote Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
    Going to my local Compusa and getting my 64gb card for $40

CompUSA.com | SDSDQUA-064G-A11A | SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Flash Card
    I didn't realize there were any compusa physical stores left
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    FYI, the SanDisk 64GB card is on sale again @ BestBuy for $59.99.
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Arrrghhh. I received my 64GB SanDisk (SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) and it doesn't work properly. Yes, the phone sees the card, I can read/write to the card, but the card is to slow.

How to duplicate: Record a video to the card, 20 seconds of moving the phone around so it's not a static picture. Then replay the video, it stutters, stalls, and sometimes just quits before the end of the 20 seconds (720p or 1080p). I did a "quick" and "long" format of the card (exFAT), no go. Formatted the card with the phone, no go. I even deleted and recreated the partition on the card, again doing a "quick" and "long" format, no go.

To verify that it's the write speed was the issue, I did copy the video off the phone and played it on my computer (which is more than powerful enough to play 1080p video). The playback was identical to the phone playback, hence the phone couldn't write the file properly.

I even went back to the Microsoft store to see if they could help diagnose it. They were EXTREMELY helpful, they pulled out another phone from stock and we tested the SD card on it, same issue. They even pulled a SD card (32GB Kingston) off the shelf and we tested it in both phones, then it worked.

So I would HIGHLY recommend that as soon as you get an SD card, the first thing to do is try recording video to the SD card in both 720p and 1080p. Make sure playback is smooth and without any issues (report back here if you can).

Now I get to return the SD card :(
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Lumia 810 (current)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    You're right about the playback issues. Mine wasn't smooth at all. Although it didn't crash the SD card. I've had before taking photos too fast and had to reset card. Going to return it for a 32gb card. 64 GB might be pushing it.

I can also confirm the SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class SDSDQUI-064G-A11. Works great. Video and all.

So it works for some people, but not for all.... Could it be a problem with the phone? For example, the need for a firmware update? I'm planning to buy an 810 soon (my first WP8), but the ability to use a 64Gb SD Card is paramount to me! The phone would be quasi-useless if it coudn't read my music off a 64Gb SD Card.

Maybe I should go with the Lumia 510 just in case...
    Banned

Class 4 for that camera is perfectly fine, you need a class 10 for shooting with high MP cameras and sequential shooting (fps) @ maximum speed.

With my Olympus Pen 16.1 MP and single shots I hardly notice a difference between a 4 and a 10 and with the 8 MP you're not shooting at 5 or 10 fps.

The closest to sequential shooting is with Smart Shoot and that's about 1 frame per second and I tried a class 10 and it was still 1 frame per second.

First picture with a class 4 there is lag time but with a class 10 there is still lag time with the first picture, if it's faster it's still slow.

=myth

Quote Originally Posted by WPhoney View Post
    So it works for some people, but not for all.... Could it be a problem with the phone? For example, the need for a firmware update? I'm planning to buy an 810 soon (my first WP8), but the ability to use a 64Gb SD Card is paramount to me! The phone would be quasi-useless if it coudn't read my music off a 64Gb SD Card.

Maybe I should go with the Lumia 510 just in case...
    Go with the 510.

810 is a crapshoot with an SD card. I've tried 3.

Music for mine is a total disaster. I carry an iPod around. I've tried every solution, every possible thing. For some of us, it just doesn't work.

You could always get the phone, try a card and if it doesn't work, send it back.

But, my recommendation is not to get an 810 if you plan to use an SD card for music.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast