Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
Like Tree37Likes
  1. #26  
    Does the 810 have a similar camera to the 920?
    Sent from my lumia 920 using Board Express
  2. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,248 Posts
    #27  
    How do you feel about the thickness of the device compared to other smartphones you have owned?
  3. Raylz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Does the 810 have a similar camera to the 920?
    Sent from my lumia 920 using Board Express
    same specs minus the Purview Lense
  4. Rhoyz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    158 Posts
    #29  
    How I wish we can install the apps on SD card 😞. I have 59gb free on my card but 2.73gb free on the 810.
  5. Dr_8820's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #30  
    Hopefully a patch is coming to allow that. I have a brand new 64GB card, but I'm thinking of putting that in my HD7, and using the 32GB card from that.
  6. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    How do you feel about the thickness of the device compared to other smartphones you have owned?
    It's a lot thinner than I expected. Mostly everyone who's reviewed the 810 has claimed it's a "brick" or whatnot, but I don't see it that way. I'm of course coming from an iPhone 4, but I always used it with a case, first two different battery cases and then a slimmer rubbery one. The 810 is definitely thinner than my iPhone with its thinnest case, so I have no complaints. :)
    Dr_8820 likes this.
  7. Guzzler3's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    948 Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoyz View Post
    How I wish we can install the apps on SD card . I have 59gb free on my card but 2.73gb free on the 810.
    I don't think anyone else has found this bit of info:

    How do I install apps from an SD card?[windowsphone.com]

    I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a great way to side load apps. If it works, I feel sorry for the people who kept telling me "You don't need a microSD card, you have cloud storage."
    Guz

    iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)
    Thanked by:
    Dr_8820 likes this.
  8. Guzzler3's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    948 Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    LOL, classic! :D I have an iPhone 4 but don't see how they would think it looks like an iPhone.
    If you see it out of the corner of you eye, it kinda does. At least I did when I first saw the 810.

    One second thought, I shouldn't have said that. Now Apple will sue Nokia. (If you can't innovate, litigate!!)
    Guz

    iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)
    metalchick719 and wprob like this.
  9. Rhoyz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    158 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    I don't think anyone else has found this bit of info:

    How do I install apps from an SD card?[windowsphone.com]

    I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a great way to side load apps. If it works, I feel sorry for the people who kept telling me "You don't need a microSD card, you have cloud storage."
    thanks,but I really need to install app to an SD card not from the SD card. I can't even install all the apps and games I previously had on my dell venue pro.
  10. wprob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    How do you feel about the thickness of the device compared to other smartphones you have owned?
    it's certainly not as thick as it looks - i think the shape or the fact that the design doesn't taper on the back makes it look more like a "brick." that was my very first impression as well upon seeing PHOTOS when the phone was announced, but once in my hand, it was almost as though it was a different phone entirely - if that makes any sense at all. :)
    metalchick719 likes this.
  11. Guzzler3's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    948 Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoyz View Post
    thanks,but I really need to install app to an SD card not from the SD card. I can't even install all the apps and games I previously had on my dell venue pro.
    Ya, I know. This was the only thing I find. But I do wonder if you fill up the onboard memory, will it start using the microSD.
  12. Wyn6's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoyz View Post
    thanks,but I really need to install app to an SD card not from the SD card. I can't even install all the apps and games I previously had on my dell venue pro.
    We're in the same boat. I just left off installing some of the games I had previously as those take up the most space. Many I didn't even play. So, I'm dealing. But, I knew this before I purchased the phone and decided I could live with it.
  13. jabtano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    572 Posts
    #38  
    I don't have mine yet, it's bought and in a box but it's going under the tree to replace my wife L710 but I did get to spend some time with it live at the store. I didn't think it was heavy so i'm not so sure on all the comments that this phone is a brick, then I got thinking that many folks say the L920 is heavy to heavy well if they think or are having problems lifting Mobile phones how the heck do they lift anything else? or that perhaps they should put there "heavy" mobile devices up and start doing curls with it.
  14. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,248 Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprob View Post
    it's certainly not as thick as it looks - i think the shape or the fact that the design doesn't taper on the back makes it look more like a "brick." that was my very first impression as well upon seeing PHOTOS when the phone was announced, but once in my hand, it was almost as though it was a different phone entirely - if that makes any sense at all. :)
    I think I get what you are saying. I went through the same situation with the 710. The pictures of the 710 made it look like it was cheap and chunky, but when I held it in my hand it looked a lot better. Plus seeing from other angles made it look a lot more pleasing than what the standard pictures showed.

    Also, when I got my cyan cover for my 710 the two-tone appearance made it look really nice. I expect the 810 would look just as good with a black front and blue back.
    metalchick719 likes this.
  15. #40  
    I just got mine earlier today and am liking it. However, is anyone else having problems with their phone? When I receive a text message, there is no notification. As in, there is no sound or any indication that I have a text message unread.
  16. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
    I just got mine earlier today and am liking it. However, is anyone else having problems with their phone? When I receive a text message, there is no notification. As in, there is no sound or any indication that I have a text message unread.
    that's odd...i haven't had that happen to me yet.
  17. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
       #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
    I just got mine earlier today and am liking it. However, is anyone else having problems with their phone? When I receive a text message, there is no notification. As in, there is no sound or any indication that I have a text message unread.
    That's happened to me not with the regular texts but with the HeyWire text app at times.

    I'm noticing alerts for Words with Friends all the time, though.
  18. #43  
    Overall, i'm disappointed with the phone and am thinking of returning it. After installing about 35 of my Windows Phone games that I purchased, i'm already down to 84mb and that is because i've only installed a couple of other Apps all which are 15mb or less each. I couldn't send a text message earlier because I was "on low space" so I had to restart my phone and when I did, it didn't recognize my micro sim so I had to restart my phone again for it to work properly. I don't see much of a point of having the Micro SD card slot since we can't save apps, games or other stuff to it other than just our music & videos. I spent $460 for the phone and another $45 for the micro sd 64gb card and am regretting the purchase now.

    Anyone else feeling similar? I kinda miss how my Samsung Focus was. 8gb+32gb micro sim and I still had 12gb left for various things. Also, on that Samsung Focus I could save games or anything to the overall memory. Thus, out of about 39gb I still had 12gb left. As for the upgrade, feels more like a limitation and downgrade.

    Currently, when I go to Settings>Phone Storage>Phone this is what shows up:

    music+videos=0 bytes
    pictures=2.21 mb
    apps=3.67 gb
    other=1.75 gb
    system=1.90 gb
    free space=89.06 mb
  19. Rhoyz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    158 Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
    Overall, i'm disappointed with the phone and am thinking of returning it. After installing about 35 of my Windows Phone games that I purchased, i'm already down to 84mb and that is because i've only installed a couple of other Apps all which are 15mb or less each. I couldn't send a text message earlier because I was "on low space" so I had to restart my phone and when I did, it didn't recognize my micro sim so I had to restart my phone again for it to work properly. I don't see much of a point of having the Micro SD card slot since we can't save apps, games or other stuff to it other than just our music & videos. I spent $460 for the phone and another $45 for the micro sd 64gb card and am regretting the purchase now.

    Anyone else feeling similar? I kinda miss how my Samsung Focus was. 8gb+32gb micro sim and I still had 12gb left for various things. Also, on that Samsung Focus I could save games or anything to the overall memory. Thus, out of about 39gb I still had 12gb left. As for the upgrade, feels more like a limitation and downgrade.

    Currently, when I go to Settings>Phone Storage>Phone this is what shows up:

    music+videos=0 bytes
    pictures=2.21 mb
    apps=3.67 gb
    other=1.75 gb
    system=1.90 gb
    free space=89.06 mb
    same thing with me, I bought 64gb card thinking I can install apps on it. I have very few and limited apps installed. I can't install all the apps that I purchases on my dell venue pro.
  20. #45  
    Yeah, exactly. What was Nokia thinking when they did this mess? Even my couple of years old Samsung Focus is ahead of this new NL 810 phone in some ways and i'm baffled. I just realized that I can't return it to the MS Store unless it's defective. I'm sure I could talk to them on the phone and reason, but just going to go the Craigslist route. Lots of apps I purchased on my WP7 aren't available also now on the 810 or i'm being asked to purchase it again (hey dj! is an example). I don't know where most of my space is going to other than games, I already deleted all the Nokia apps and stuff that game pre-installed on the phone and i'm still dying of space. Micro Sd card feels pointless in a sense..
  21. gfiz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #46  
    What is the "other". I just checked and its taking up 2.1gb, and I've got only 900mb of apps currently.
  22. #47  
    Good question, unfortunately I have no answer for that and tried googling it but no luck. I don't understand how a big company like Nokia can go in a reverse direction when it comes to something like Storage (memory/space) and if an older phone like mine can do it then why didn't they do it with this phone? Storage is a deciding factor for me since I buy lots of Windows Phone games and that is the sole purpose of getting it (aside from music & videos which I store on an SD Card anyways). I can't even download and play all the games I purchased nor use apps either and we're limited.
  23. Rhoyz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    158 Posts
    #48  
    I am forced to play and download one game at a time.
  24. #49  
    I just uninstalled all of my Windows Phone games and got back 4gb but I lost out on about 37 games I paid for. So then, i'll have to limit myself as to what games I can install and play at a time. I feel like i'm back in the 90's and took a step back. Just going to sell the phone and try to recoup what I spent & stay with my older WP7. It now states:

    music+videos=0 mb
    pictures=2.21 mb
    apps=42.45 mb
    other=1.32 gb
    system=1.90 gb
    free space=4.14 gb
  25. WinnerByRNC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #50  
    Glad to hear that as i just bought one of these for my daughter (xmas).

    For texting you can use textme or just email to phone. Texting is no more than an email account for you phone.
    Example: cellnumber@tmomail.com

    How to Email Text Messages to Any Phone - Email to Text - Popular Mechanics
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why no text reflow? So far my biggest issue with WP7
    By altoids2011 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 03:35 AM
  2. MY thoughts on the Focus S Post your Focus S reviews.
    By erike3198 in forum Samsung Focus S 4G
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM
  3. My thoughts on the Lumia 800
    By brdl04 in forum Nokia Lumia 800
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM
  4. My thoughts on the LG Quantum
    By MichaelBanning in forum LG Quantum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 12:09 AM
  5. My thoughts on Windows Mobile
    By TKETZ196 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions