Spontaneous shutting off/restarting?

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys experienced your phone shutting off and restarting? Happened to me twice, i think. most recent was this morning, i was just picking various pics for my contacts list (gotta supply pics for the flipping tiles on my home screen!) and cropping them when it just shut off and started up the reboot process. Is this an issue? Have you guys experienced something like this? I'm a little paranoid because I already had to send back my wife's 810 because it had a defective screen. Thank, ya'll!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It might be an issue with WP8 overall, and from what I gather browsing the WPC forums is that this is a common issue across devices and it is possible that Microsoft is readying a fix or looking into the issue. We're all early adopters for their "new" WP8 platform.

I've had my 810 for a week and have experienced 3 spontaneous restarts. I'm going to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt here and assume this will be fixed soon (next couple of months? That'd be nice)... this is EXACTLY what kept happening with my Android device and it ticked me off to no end (particularly because I had a sim password on there and I would have no idea my phone was out of service until I checked on it for something and saw the password prompt)

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm new to touchscreen phones I've had my 810 for 48 or so hrs and played with it for hrs last night. The phone finally got warm and was running hd video and running as many background apps as possible with no reboots. I haven't dl'd any apps as I'm still getting used to touchscreen phones and such. I unpinned any social apps to bad it's embedded in the OS I can't delete fb/tw so I guess I'm stuck with something I'll never ever use. Do they really need to embed certain apps so you can't delete them within the OS and the fact that you are forced to leave it in your device.:devil: I'm basically using the phone as a phone and skydrive all my office docs to the server. Sync up to outlook and it's all good, and with word my world is pretty much complete. I really have no complaints or issues so far with the 810. And as a systems builder I'm well aware of the fact that this os is still infant and will grow in time. The little bugs like volume issue really needs to be fixed asap!

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
All of the new wp8 devices seem to be experiencing random reboots and freeze ups. I have the 822 and it has happened a few times so far so I think there will be an update to fix it.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced this issue so far. My only problem has been the phone freezing up on me because of Words with Friends, but that happened the first two days I've had it (Monday and Tuesday) and never again since.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Do they really need to embed certain apps so you can't delete them within the OS and the fact that you are forced to leave it in your device.:devil: ...

You don't have to sign into these things with your accounts if you don't wish to. Then it's not actually there. For example, I've signed into LinkedIn and Twitter, but not Facebook (don't have an account). So, there's nothing to do with Facebook on my phone. You can also remove the accounts if you have signed into them.

Anyway, I've had my phone since last Wednesday the 14th and haven't had a single issue with it as of yet. Knock on wood. But, it seems this random reboot is an OS thing because it's cropped up on two different Nokia devices and an HTC device. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon enough.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It might be an issue with WP8 overall, and from what I gather browsing the WPC forums is that this is a common issue across devices and it is possible that Microsoft is readying a fix or looking into the issue. We're all early adopters for their "new" WP8 platform.

I've had my 810 for a week and have experienced 3 spontaneous restarts. I'm going to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt here and assume this will be fixed soon (next couple of months? That'd be nice)... this is EXACTLY what kept happening with my Android device and it ticked me off to no end (particularly because I had a sim password on there and I would have no idea my phone was out of service until I checked on it for something and saw the password prompt)

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
All of the new wp8 devices seem to be experiencing random reboots and freeze ups. I have the 822 and it has happened a few times so far so I think there will be an update to fix it.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Scratch the word 'all' from that post. It may be happening to a few, but I would say it is an issue with that handset, not WP8. I have a 920 and work with two others that bought a 920 and of Wednesday no restarts. In fact we were all bragging about how great WP8 and the 920 is in the office.

On another note, my 920 has frozen three times in WWF and that is happening to a lot of people. WWF is a crappy, buggy port that should be pulled until Zynga fixes it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Scratch the word 'all' from that post. It may be happening to a few, but I would say it is an issue with that handset, not WP8. I have a 920 and work with two others that bought a 920 and of Wednesday no restarts. In fact we were all bragging about how great WP8 and the 920 is in the office.

On another note, my 920 has frozen three times in WWF and that is happening to a lot of people. WWF is a crappy, buggy port that should be pulled until Zynga fixes it.

After my phone crashed thanks to Words with Friends, I've pretty much been treading lightly with that app. I've been using it, but I don't dare touch the screen until my games actually load. So far, that's been fine and I haven't had anymore crashes.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had Lumia 920 yellow for three days and three random boots for me already. And it just does it without doing anything. Last time today, I called a phone call, ended call, put phone to car seat and 10sec and boom, reboot. No apps used or anything.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a report that it could be due to the Skype app? Do you have that installed. If not I would set your phone to backup everything and do a hard reset and don't install the Skype app yet and see it its still crashing. Good luck
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
If the issue is with the handset, will a hard reset 'fix' the problem? Also, do I need to be signed up with SkyDrive to fully back it up or can i do that by connected my phone to the comp via USB cable?

bynum63

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
my first phone was doing this. it was doing it early day sometimes 3 and 4 times. so i got a new phone and it has already powered down and rebooted. so im at a lose as to why these phones do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos