First 810 Kerfuffle

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I had a weird notification from my T-Mobile account app that stated you should periodically reset your phone to keep it running smooth. I thought it was odd and so I listened and powered my phone off and then on. Didn't think much of it until I got in my car and fired up the music app to listen to some tunes on the way home and to my surprise all my music is screwed up. So I went home and plugged my phone into the computer and all my music is on the sd card but only 1/5 is showing up on the artist page. If I go to the songs tab they all show up and my playlist tab is now completely empty. Re syncing one album via windows media player brings it back even though it says album is already on the device. So pissed wish I had my zune software back... pain free syncing and this kind of **** never happened.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
They seriously need to bring zune back! Go to the windowsphone.uservoice.com website and voice your opinion!! There's a request up there with a lot of votes to give zune syncing functionality for WP8, so sign up and throw 3 votes at that sucker.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
falsehopes, what exactly happened with your music? The day after I got my phone, I noticed some of the albums I'd added had split into two folders, with some songs in one and the rest in the other. It was just a case of a word not being capitalized, though. Very odd because I have all those same albums on iTunes and they never split up like that there. But the weirdest thing was that on Thanksgiving day, I was showing my best friend my new phone and when I got to the music section, that problem was gone. All the albums were in single folders again. And I had listened to 10 songs on Wednesday while I was out. Weird.

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I spent about 6 hours yesterday re syncing music. So what happened was after a power off and on only about 1/6 of my music was being displayed in my music folder. When I plugged my phone in my computer and looked in the music folder of my sd card all my music was there but it wasnt showing up in the app. I ended up formatting the card and placing the music back in there twice. Now here is the strange part after I did this twice (uhg) it was showing 3 copies of songs in the music app. The phone was really slow at launching the music app as well. Checking the music folder via my pc of course it only showed one copy of the songs. I think there is a problem with the music app in general. I winded up resetting the phone which only wipes the phone not your sd card. After this I launched the music app and it showed music that apparently is on the xbox music cloud collection. I have tried over and over to see where this music is coming from and dont see it anywhere. Anyways I turned off "Xbox Music cloud collection" in the app settings. Then it slowly started seeing my music from my sd card. Most of the album art was missing again (sigh). So on albums that were missing album art I would re sync via windows media player and then it would show the album art. (keep in mind the sync says music is already in collection so it syncs nothing) I need zune back I have never had these type of issues before and I was mad enough yesterday to just go back to my Dell Venue Pro.

I am starting to think the expandable memory is messing with the phone. Anyways things are back to normal it just took a really long time....

PS- I hope that all made sense LOL

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Metalchick I meant to tell you some of my music had also split the way you describe. Re syncing the music to get my album art sorted that out as well. Of course that was 6 furious hours later lol

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's so weird. Mine just went back to normal all by itself. LOL, maybe it liked that I listened to some music on Wednesday. :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss