Galaxy Kid to a Lumia Man :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I was an android Guy for awhile....Both me and my best friend got Lumia 810s this past monday(She actually went back and managed to find a Lumia 920).

So coming from Android 4.0 to Windows phone 8 has been a unique experience.....

In all honesty, anyone who is looking for a Windows phone 8 device on T-mobile(or any other carrier) should definitely check out the Lumia 810(820/822). I came from a Galaxy Note 2 & Galaxy S3 as my main devices for 2012.....This operating system doesn't have the obvious flash & glam of android but all the strengths of Windows phone 8 i've discovered is beneath the surface.

It's a shame that in 2012 as devices grow bigger and better with higher resolution screens, 2 or more processors, 8 megapixel cameras and more that android phones feel as slow as they do. Granted my Gs3 was a reasonably fast device but even then with it's touchwiz on top of Android 4.1, it laggy still.

Enter Windows Phone 8...as soon as i heard that it was launched on t-mobile, i called everywhere i could to find it and i got it on Monday.
I love the fact that it is so smooth and the only lag i've really noticed is mainly from the splash screens of apps loading and that doesn't bug me too much.
It's smooth when opening apps and i don't have to worry about tons of apps constantly running in my background.

The tile interface is so awesome...I love it on Windows 8 and I love it on Windows phone 8

The camera isn't the pureview on the 920 however this takes some outstanding pictures....My best friend and I do modeling for our careers and we've taken tons of pics behind the scenes with our phones and recorded videos and it is beautiful camera....

I love the way you navigate through most apps in a horizontal method vs the standard vertical navigation....the font and colors of the OS are just atttractive.

Windows Phone 8 is such an engaging OS....I was a bit nervous because i heard of the tons of apps that WP8 is lacking and honestly, the only one i am missing simply Instagram.
Even Facebook on Windows phone 8 seems better than the android version for the most part(Save a few glitches)....

My Nokia Lumia is the first nokia phone i have owned and i have been telling people such as my parents, my classmates, my boyfriend and anyone who is looking for a phone to get this phone.....I am not fond of HTC Products and while they make attractive looking devices, i've noticed HTC phones tend to suck after awhile with quality issues....

I am happy i have an operating system that is smooth and intuitive that i don't have to spend hours learning how to root the device and fix issues that the manufacturers should have fixed or never released the phone with...The phone works great out the box :)

Best features:
Camera
OS is smooth
Tiles/Metro UI

Meh Features:
Some apps are low-quality
Games are really expensive(but i don't mind too much)

Worst feature:
Instagram is not here yet :(
So if it that is the only worst feature i can think of it is obvious i love the operating system and my Lumia 810 :p

Here is my start screen(I'll Probably change it around as I get confused sometimes trying to find an app on my start screen)
wp_ss_20121123_0011.jpg

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
good review, glad you like yours! i'm a blackberry guy in a windows world, i honestly can't stand android...wayyy too fragmented, buggy, and inconsistent performance. WP8 is great and only going to get better!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
good review, glad you like yours! i'm a blackberry guy in a windows world, i honestly can't stand android...wayyy too fragmented, buggy, and inconsistent performance. WP8 is great and only going to get better!

lol i remember that blackberry storm i had :)
and yeah Android is a good operating system when you first open the phone up and start playing with it but the more you start throwing at it, the performance does get inconsistent....

I've not had too many issues with performance at all with my Lumia 810 either :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Awesome review! Welcome aboard! :grin: I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and just got my 810 on Monday. Loving it! Also, I noticed earlier tonight that the camera on this phone does in fact take pretty decent low light pics, even though it lacks PureView. I was with a friend in his car and snapped a couple of pics. Pleasantly surprised to be able to see us in them, lol. The 810 is such a great phone and it looks like many people are discovering that.

Rippin2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Great review welcome to the family! I am on an 8X and it is extremely high quality, not your usual HTC device. Nokia makes great devices and I'm glad your liking WP8! Instagram is on the way won't be too long...