Strange Text Issue

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I had an odd issue....
My phone would receive text messages...it would show the toast notification and the tile would update to show the message count.

As soon as i entered the tile to view the message hub, it did not show the text message...

In fact my brother had been texting me through out the day....and he sent a text and the phone did not update to show the text...it only showed a text message from 2-3 hours beforehand.

Even the lock screen showed the current text message but the message hub would not show me the text...

Anytime i would try and send a text message out...the phone did not show i had even text anyone...

I tried 3-4 times with different numbers.

Finally, I did a factory reset and it seems to have fixed the problem but i was a bit confused...I wonder has anyone ever heard of this happening?
The factory reset wasn't that big a deal as WP8 has an awesome back-up feature but not something i always want to do. The text issue hasn't happened since i did the reset.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. My phone had a weird issue with the texts, too. It didn't do this at the time when I was texting but duplicated texts in a conversation. As long as this doesn't reflect toward my text messages count, it's not a big deal, though.

Shane Pachica

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
are you talking about geting your own texts in group text messages? Because Im having this issue too. It's annoying more than anything, but i don't think it should be having issue like this. Windows 8 should be solid. Even so i still love my Lumia 810. I hope some people at Microsoft will fix some issues.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
oh no it wasn't the group messaging(i forgot tthis could do that)...it was just a one on one text issue.
hasn't popped up since the other day when i reset though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05