Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystictrust

So I exchanged my 810 for a new one (battery issues) and did a full restore from my old phone's backup. I blurred out my email addresses in the account restore area. As you'll see from some of the screenshots at the bottom, my device is having some odd issues with downloading some 13 "apps" - I imagine it's a bunch of the Nokia updates they'd been silently pushing over the last few days... but 13? Weird. I almost want to hard reset and try again, see what happens, but maybe I'll just wait it out.

Restoring is a fairly painless process - all the apps you had on your phone from the backup are automatically re-installed for you - it's kind of nice. All accounts linked to the phone will be found and passwords prompted, but in-app passwords and login information beyond that will have to be manually set up (i.e. games). The restore even brought back my accent color - when I started the phone it was T-Mobile Magenta (kind of pleasing, actually), but once my restore information was downloaded the accent changed to my regular green (as evidenced by me taking screenshots and seeing a green flash instead of a magenta one).

So, for anyone interested, this is how it works. (Some of the difference in timing was me just waiting around. I just left the phone alone and watched a TV show, not paying too much attention)

Thanked by:
    WPenvy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    So I exchanged my 810 for a new one (battery issues) and did a full restore from my old phone's backup. I blurred out my email addresses in the account restore area. As you'll see from some of the screenshots at the bottom, my device is having some odd issues with downloading some 13 "apps" - I imagine it's a bunch of the Nokia updates they'd been silently pushing over the last few days... but 13? Weird. I almost want to hard reset and try again, see what happens, but maybe I'll just wait it out.

Restoring is a fairly painless process - all the apps you had on your phone from the backup are automatically re-installed for you - it's kind of nice. All accounts linked to the phone will be found and passwords prompted, but in-app passwords and login information beyond that will have to be manually set up (i.e. games). The restore even brought back my accent color - when I started the phone it was T-Mobile Magenta (kind of pleasing, actually), but once my restore information was downloaded the accent changed to my regular green (as evidenced by me taking screenshots and seeing a green flash instead of a magenta one).

So, for anyone interested, this is how it works. (Some of the difference in timing was me just waiting around. I just left the phone alone and watched a TV show, not paying too much attention)

I had the same issue, but once I connected to my WiFi at home the apps all updated.

Are you also connected to WiFi?
    Last edited by nomegustaios; 11-30-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by nomegustaios View Post
    I had the same issue, but once I connected to my WiFi at home the apps all updated.

Are you also connected to WiFi?
    Yeah, always connected to Wi-Fi at home. I just went through and manually cancelled all the downloads [the ones that said 'Downloading application'... all my actual apps appear to have downloaded just fine], and then I manually downloaded the extras+info update via the purchase history trick. That update does seem to give amazing battery life - and a little tone when you unplug the cable from your phone. I also think Wi-Fi reconnects a little faster - it seems to start reconnecting as soon as the lock screen is touched (whether or not the phone is actually unlocked)

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    as someone who deals with people factory resetting/restoring their phones on a daily basis, it cannot be overstated just how cool this feature is. a huge frustration with android is restoring apps and settings, WP8 has done this right!