Back cover?

notebookgrail

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
500 T-Mobile retail locations got the wireless charging shell last week (Cyan and Black). I confirmed with few of the stores near my area.
Nokia worked with TMO to have them stocked last week.

Clancynobi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that an official T-Mobile store has both black and cyan. They also have buy two get one free on accessories. I I picked up 2 Wireless charging stands and the cover, Foursquare has a 30% off accessories deal right now so in total it was $120 for all 3.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that an official T-Mobile store has both black and cyan. They also have buy two get one free on accessories. I I picked up 2 Wireless charging stands and the cover, Foursquare has a 30% off accessories deal right now so in total it was $120 for all 3.

I can confirm that no stores here in LA have what you just described. They don't even know what a wireless charging shell is over here.

Clancynobi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is it a store run by T-Mobile? I went to and independently operated store and they did not have them and said they were not on the shipping list. The store I went to the T-Mobile employee had an 810 and said he has been waiting for the cover, they just put them out on 12/3.

For Phoenix area owners I went to the T-Mobile on 35th Ave and Indian School.

notebookgrail

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Its only 500 stores across US and only Tmobile owned stores. Even in my area - i had to drive 15 miles out to get one in a store. The stores near me didn't have. I would suggest you to ask the store to check the inventory in near by stores and ask them to tell where its available. You could also ask them to get it for you from the nearby available store.

Last edited:

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
A little off topic, but does anyone know if we're going to get any other colors? Yellow, red, anything?

I don't personally feel that comment is off topic in any way ;), Here is an answer to your query....

I went into the Tmo store to check out the 810 a day early. Happen to run into a Nokia rep going over some stuff with the tmo salespersons. She let me play with the 810 and i asked her about the availability of colors for the shells. She showed me a booklet (perhaps only the sales ppl have access to it) and it had a variety of colors we are familiar with. I can't remember all the colors now as she briefly showed it to me but yellow was in there. prob red and white too. She said to make sure I buy back covers that are NFC capable as well. I guess not all of them are...? But i just want you to know I saw them with me own eyes! I had posted a similar topic a while back, glad to see they are a reality! She also said something about Hurricane Sandy delaying shipments from Asia. Not sure how that makes sense....

Link to the post/thread

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-810/202020-lumia-810-only-available-black.html

Thanks

-Doc

Clancynobi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well notebook I appreciate you posting the info initially :D, though my wife does not as I spent so much on accessories for my phone which has already cost me more than her iPhone.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't personally feel that comment is off topic in any way ;), Here is an answer to your query....

Link to the post/thread

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-810/202020-lumia-810-only-available-black.html

Thanks

-Doc

Dude - thanks so much for the post ... its not much to go on, but its something! I'll just try to be patient ....... can't wait for yellow and red. Black for the week while I'm at work (couldn't take out a crazy colored phone at my job), then crazy colors on the weekends! ;)

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
:)
Yer welcome. The poster and person who 'sawr it with his own eyes' was Mr. Tofu if that helps you in some other way. From what it sounds like, between being backed up on production of all things Lumia, and the phones selling fast, they probably just had to back end things like that for the time being. I'm hoping for Xmas time for things like that as I am still considering a 810 atm. There are still a lot of things like that we haven't seen yet.

Thanks

-Doc

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did a little more research, I'm now starting to think that we will only get Cyan and Black charging covers. The wireless power consortium lists the 810, and notes the following:

"T-Mobile USA ranged colors for CC– 3063. Black, Cyan"

See the link.

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/details/178/mobile-phone

Thoughts?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Did a little more research, I'm now starting to think that we will only get Cyan and Black charging covers. The wireless power consortium lists the 810, and notes the following:

"T-Mobile USA ranged colors for CC? 3063. Black, Cyan"

See the link.

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/details/178/mobile-phone

Thoughts?
I don't think that means that they won't arrive in the future. They could very well be planned as a future accessory.

I can confirm there are wireless charging accessories in stock at my local T-Mobile store in Austin, TX. They have the wireless charging plates and, apparently, some kind of upright standing vertical wireless charging stand.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I found them today at the downtown Seattle store, so picked up the charger and blue back. Since they have the buy 2, get 1 free accessory promotion going on, I also got a black back. Got the charger all set up on my desk at work - coworkers seemed impressed and finally commented on my new phone:). Now I just need to get a charging pad for home. Anyone know if the Fatboys are being sold at any brick and mortars yet? I think that might be what I want for home.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Yeah I posted that comment about seeing the brochure with me own eyes. And I swear I did see it! I even checked to make sure the 'nokia strip' on the back went down vertically (810) as opposed to horizontally (820). Maybe they were just prototypes and won't see the light of day? I don't know. I sent a tweet to nokiausa and they said to ask tmo. I asked tmo and they said they have to wait on Nokia. So I says, 'not to be rude but shouldn't you have an idea, seeing as how you are the ones selling this product and promising interchangeable backs? Then they replied, 'getting the backs soon, no specific date yet.' So in conclusion, it doesn't really seem like anyone knows. I wonder if we can ask a tmo sales rep if we can see that brochure? I know I'm not going crazy...

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For Phoenix area owners I went to the T-Mobile on 35th Ave and Indian School.

Scottsdale fashion square has the charging pad but no shells. I assume they will be getting them soon. I'm really interested in the lighter colors because I should be able to laser mark them at work. PC usually has a nice black mark. I'm a little worried about the soft touch variety, though. Does anyone if this is a coating or just the texture of the PC?

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Yeah I posted that comment about seeing the brochure with me own eyes. And I swear I did see it! I even checked to make sure the 'nokia strip' on the back went down vertically (810) as opposed to horizontally (820). Maybe they were just prototypes and won't see the light of day? I don't know. I sent a tweet to nokiausa and they said to ask tmo. I asked tmo and they said they have to wait on Nokia. So I says, 'not to be rude but shouldn't you have an idea, seeing as how you are the ones selling this product and promising interchangeable backs? Then they replied, 'getting the backs soon, no specific date yet.' So in conclusion, it doesn't really seem like anyone knows. I wonder if we can ask a tmo sales rep if we can see that brochure? I know I'm not going crazy...

Thank you for chiming in, as I have reposted your original hands-on account with the Nokia rep numerous times. I stand by your run in with the Nokia rep that the other back covers will arrive in the near future.

Thanks

-Doc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes