T-mo really locked us down

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So i had ventured around doing some research about T-mo and it's MVNOs in regards to my 810 and unlocking it.

Ultra Mobile is a new MVNO of t-mobile and I wanted to give them a try because for 40 bucks a month..I get unlimited talk, text and data(and 50 bucks gets a 1 GB cap of data speed)

However, here is a screenshot of my conversation with them(Ignore the random other person in there)...T-mobile REALLY makes me feel like I am in jail or something.
It's a bit odd that every lumia except ours is not locked down.

ec9275167622b45af74fe030a77b0a00.png

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'd seriously go with Solavei with the Lumia 810... The only feature that isn't enabled out of the box with just inserting the SIM and powering up is SENDING MMS - which yes, is a pain... But full data works, receiving MMS, text and voice all work by just inserting the SIM and powering on. As soon as Nokia pulls their heads out and extends the network setup App for WP8, probably after the T-Mo exclusive period - we should be able to set the send MMS APN and have it work flawlessly...

For those that don't know Solavei - it is a T-Mo MVNO that is $49 a month for Unlimited Talk, Text & 4GB of 4G data + unlimited 2G after that. This is where it gets cool though... For every 3 people you or those under you bring in, you make $20 a month! It's an unlimited amount of cash you can make - so if you bring in 12 people, you get $80 a month plus a bonus! Check out Solavei and their pay system and how they work.

justsimpleinfo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i just activated my 920 on T-Mo, I was thinking about switching to Solavei, I don't go through even 2G a month in data, but my $80 Month bill be nice to save $30 to go to $49 a month...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It depends on your market... If the 1900mhz band is running (you get 3G/4G on any AT&T phone on T-Mo) then you will see the HSPA+ speeds... I have a Titan in Seattle that was pulling 6-9Mbps down and 1.5 up... My 810 gets 9-15Mbps down and 3.5 up...

Check the T-Mo expansion pages of the 1900mhz band and when your city goes live - if it isn't already - you should roll over... It works really well, and except for some hiccups in CS, the company seems solid. Worse case, if they go belly up in 6 months, you skip non-contract to anyone else you want... I figured I had nothing to lose coming from Net10... So far so good, and the pay is for real...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs