L810 Has To Go Back

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Started yesterday when I lost wifi rebooted no issues. Today it's complaining about the SD card, but I am still able to access all files I did a hard reset and it's still complaining. So I tested it on the PC W7 and no issues, tested it on the BB Pearl Flip no issues. So the phone is going back period! When I get wifi errors and such and leads to SD corruption or whatever = bad sign. I'll put Fry 30 day post paid to the test tomorrow.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a defective handset. I know you said you rebooted, but did you do a hard reset just to be sure?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Stuff happens. There is always a small percentage of things made, are made with issues. That is why there is a warranty period. Just don't let it get to you. Exchange it and feel good.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Stuff happens. There is always a small percentage of things made, are made with issues. That is why there is a warranty period. Just don't let it get to you. Exchange it and feel good.

Frys is exchanging it for the HTC 8X for an extra 30.00. At least they stand by their 30 day policy. I'll post back in a couple of weeks. Oops scratch that going back to the 810 due to no SD slot for 8X.

Last edited:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually have the same problem. It complains of an SD issue after booting. But I just say Ok and I go on my merry way. No problem accessing or writing files whatsoever.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually have the same problem. It complains of an SD issue after booting. But I just say Ok and I go on my merry way. No problem accessing or writing files whatsoever.

I found if you connect it to the PC and launch MP it will fix the corruption. But when I start getting WiFi errors is where I draw the line. My BB flip the WiFi radio was one of the first things to go bad so I'm not taking any chances on the newer phone. My feeling is bad memory leaks on these phones. It seems people are having WiFi issues this week with the other phones I'm hoping it's not hardware related and just a poorly coded/rushed OS. The last thing I don't need is another radio going south on me I may have to get insurance because I just don't trust today's hardware QC.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just an update I got my replacement yesterday and am very happy. This phone seems to be a lot more snappier, has not rebooted as of yet and read my SD card with no issues. Tested the built in apps and everything is hunky dori.:love:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's something weird. My 810 has been running just fine without any issues, until I turned on the password lock screen.

WiFi started acting weird, phone lock up, spontaneous reboots, reboot loops (just the T-mobile then the Nokia slash screens), SD card errors.

I was at the verge of doing a hard reset, when I thought "What have I changed?" I could only think of setting the password. So I turned off the password for the lock screen, and behold, the phone is back being happy again.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's something weird. My 810 has been running just fine without any issues, until I turned on the password lock screen.

WiFi started acting weird, phone lock up, spontaneous reboots, reboot loops (just the T-mobile then the Nokia slash screens), SD card errors.

I was at the verge of doing a hard reset, when I thought "What have I changed?" I could only think of setting the password. So I turned off the password for the lock screen, and behold, the phone is back being happy again.

That is weird. My password has been turned on since day one and I haven't had a single problem out of my phone. It's been quite stellar. Wonder what your issue could be.

edfungus

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling some apps? I found some apps are buggy and there are some system bugs with keeping apps running and the device sleeping. Maybe that is the problem?? Skype gave me some issues like that but after a reinstall, everything was better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb