Lumia's 810 battery and the HTC 8x's??

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Well i'm currently available for an upgrade and i'm satisfied with T-mobile service and have no desire to leave them. but i see myself going back and forth with 8x and Lumia 810.
i do care about battery life alot and i hear the lumia 810 has great battery life but i also heard due to the recent update the 8x now also has a great battery life.
and if so can you guys tell how long are the battery life for both of them in terms of Hours.
another thing i am concern about is that the 8x is soooooo sexyyyy BUT the lumia has the "exclusive" nokia apps?

so for the lumia owners how are the Nokia apps treating you?

Thanks guys for your feedback!!

the_icon12

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'd go 8x. HTC has their own suite of apps, and soon Nokia apps like Drive will be available for non Nokia devices. Also, the 8x's resolution blows the 810s out of the water (a big deal for me). In terms of battery life, they should both get you a good day of use, depending on your usage.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
With the Portico and firmware updates the 8X has good battery life. Question is, when will you get the upgrade on T-Mobile USA. Why don't you wait and as soon as the upgrade is available you get a 8X.

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
With the Portico and firmware updates the 8X has good battery life. Question is, when will you get the upgrade on T-Mobile USA. Why don't you wait and as soon as the upgrade is available you get a 8X.

I have an upgrade now but I'm still unsure of which one to get but as of now I'm 60% 8x and 40% lumia 810

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
the t-mo 810 has the larger battery out of all the lumia 8xx phones i believe.

according to the battery stat apps i get up to 20 hours. i am on my phone a lot. but it doesnt matter how many hours total the phone gets. what really matters is how much on-screen time you can get out of the device. on android, it will tell you how much screen time you get. i havent run into a wp8 battery stat app that tells you how much screen time you have gotten between charges. but my estimate with the lumia 810 is about 3 hours of screen-on time, which is very good.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, the 8x's resolution blows the 810s out of the water (a big deal for me). In terms of battery life, they should both get you a good day of use, depending on your usage.

I can't tell the difference between the two screens when watching HD video, the only noticeable difference to me is the OLED has more screen pop and better viewing angles and no back light. I get very inky blacks with the 810 the 8X doesn't even come close to that. When the screens are this small I can't tell any difference in detail whether it be 720p 1080p or 640 x 800.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss