Annoying the H Out of me

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I am moving to a Nokia Lumia 920(Probably) that my step-dad got but doesn't want...Even though i like t-mobile.

However I am still using my 810 for now(i actually sort of like the 810's look over the 920 in some ways)

But there is the one annoying thing that annoys the heck out of me.....
I have my old Android Smart phone that i tend to move my sd card to from my Lumia so I can still use instagram.
Of course with my 810, II have to take the battery out and remove the sd card.

Okay not a huge deal...

Except when i put the battery back into the 810 and it powers back on....the time and date are messed up.
It currently says it is September 27, 2012 at 12:47...unless i have gone back in time that is incorrect.

not to mention my friends have been texting me since the phone was off due to the battery pull and when they text me, the text show at the top and i click the toast and it takes me to the thread but the most recent texts are not shown....Not to mention, when i try to text them, it won't show that i sent a message even if i have.

I have also reported this before hand in another thread....this is almost making me not want to go to the 920 at all because i can't even move my SD card to and from the phone without the phone messing up...I have to do a factory reset and that is just annoying.

Any help?

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, no help other than to say that this seems very odd. I've popped my battery out several times and not had this problem. The time on my phone is determined by the mobile cell signal, so I ant understand why it's not the same for you.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It currently says it is September 27, 2012 at 12:47...unless i have gone back in time that is incorrect.
What are you talking about?? Today is September 27th :amaze:

The only suggestion I have for you is, on your 810, go into Settings > Date + Time and ensure that "Set automatically" is set to "On". It should pull the time from your carrier, assuming your sim card is in there. Unless there's some kind of defect in that phone, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, if Set Automatically is already On and it is everytime, perhaps the only other thing I can think of is to have the battery out of the phone for as little time as possible, perhaps there's some kind of memory in there that stays for a short period of time. I only say that because from your post it sounded like you left the battery out for a while. I can only make assumptions here :/

If you want to see if it happens on other phones beyond yours, I'll take the battery out of mine for several minutes and see what happens. Let me know.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What are you talking about?? Today is September 27th :amaze:

The only suggestion I have for you is, on your 810, go into Settings > Date + Time and ensure that "Set automatically" is set to "On". It should pull the time from your carrier, assuming your sim card is in there. Unless there's some kind of defect in that phone, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, if Set Automatically is already On and it is everytime, perhaps the only other thing I can think of is to have the battery out of the phone for as little time as possible, perhaps there's some kind of memory in there that stays for a short period of time. I only say that because from your post it sounded like you left the battery out for a while. I can only make assumptions here :/

If you want to see if it happens on other phones beyond yours, I'll take the battery out of mine for several minutes and see what happens. Let me know.

I am not even sure i have it out that long...but yes if it is possible see what happens if you take the battery for like 5 mins.
thank you :)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am not even sure i have it out that long...but yes if it is possible see what happens if you take the battery for like 5 mins.
thank you :)
Removed the battery for ten minutes, put it back in, the time was as accurate as always and came up instantly as soon as I powered on the phone

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Removed the battery for ten minutes, put it back in, the time was as accurate as always and came up instantly as soon as I powered on the phone

We did it again and the time once again was messed up and it resent old txt messages i had gotten from a few days back.
However, i got sidetracked with family bs and came back to my phone and somehow the time fixed itself.

so...*shrugs* :) but thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3